Register Now
StaceyPowers

What's the best game you've ever played in VR?

On 5/8/2019 at 3:51 PM, kingpotato said:

I have only played beat saber on the PS4 VR, its very good but I really want to try the Skyrim and doom ports. I have played some VR games with a VR set that was for smart phones only, they where very boring...

That sounds boring. What would be the point with the tiny screen? :/

3 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

That sounds boring. What would be the point with the tiny screen? 😕

Well as soon as you attach the phone to the googles they do feel like a true VR game, you dont see the edges of the phone or anything like that, but the games that I found for free where very boring or dumb. The only cool stuff I found was scary VR videos, you could only move your head and stuff was happening around you. 

20 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Well as soon as you attach the phone to the googles they do feel like a true VR game, you dont see the edges of the phone or anything like that, but the games that I found for free where very boring or dumb. The only cool stuff I found was scary VR videos, you could only move your head and stuff was happening around you. 

oh, hahah, it's weird I couldn't figure that out on my own. In any case, attaching more weight to my face doesn't sound palatable with my neck problems.

On 5/12/2019 at 12:08 PM, StaceyPowers said:

oh, hahah, it's weird I couldn't figure that out on my own. In any case, attaching more weight to my face doesn't sound palatable with my neck problems.

Well you dont really feel the weight , but then again I only used it for short videos or games, I imagine that if you try to watch a 3D  movie on it is going to hurt your neck or strain your eyes, the goggles where a little uncomfortable.

9 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well you dont really feel the weight , but then again I only used it for short videos or games, I imagine that if you try to watch a 3D  movie on it is going to hurt your neck or strain your eyes, the goggles where a little uncomfortable.

I'm a bit of an unfortunate "princess and the pea" when it comes to this sort of thing. My muscular syndrome saps strength from my muscles. Basically, instead of 100% of my muscles being available to perform simple tasks, picture that some percentage is always under a load, and not able to perform. Even small things like carrying a handbag can hurt me 😞

I need that lightweight cardboard VR headset.

On 5/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I'm a bit of an unfortunate "princess and the pea" when it comes to this sort of thing. My muscular syndrome saps strength from my muscles. Basically, instead of 100% of my muscles being available to perform simple tasks, picture that some percentage is always under a load, and not able to perform. Even small things like carrying a handbag can hurt me 😞

I need that lightweight cardboard VR headset.

They shouldn't be hard to make I think, I wouldnt recommend the ones from the Switch, not because their bad, is because they are to expensive for a pair cardboard goggles😆. I dont know how Nintendo gets away with charging 60 dollars for card board.

22 hours ago, kingpotato said:

They shouldn't be hard to make I think, I wouldnt recommend the ones from the Switch, not because their bad, is because they are to expensive for a pair cardboard goggles😆. I dont know how Nintendo gets away with charging 60 dollars for card board.

One can make a pair of cardboard goggles from scratch? 

14 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

One can make a pair of cardboard goggles from scratch? 

I think, well its not going to be anything that complicated, It will have to be a VR set similar to the one I have that is for phones only, the most important and more likely most difficult will be getting the lens, with them you can get the  VR effect, just put the phone horizontally on the other side of lens with a VR video or game As for the sound well I guess a simple pair of headphones or earbuds will do. And of course the frame keeping everything together will be made of cardboard.

I super enjoyed playing Thumper and Until Dawn: A Rush Of Blood in PSVR. Sounds trite, but the immersion factor for arcadey games like these is pretty hard to beat once you’ve tried them in VR. That said, it does get a little uncomfotable for longer play sessions. Because of this, definitely try before you buy to see if VR’s for you @StaceyPowers

Haven’t tried Beat Saber yet @kingpotato but I’ve only heard great things about it - supposed to be brilliant.

13 hours ago, DylanC said:

I super enjoyed playing Thumper and Until Dawn: A Rush Of Blood in PSVR. Sounds trite, but the immersion factor for arcadey games like these is pretty hard to beat once you’ve tried them in VR. That said, it does get a little uncomfotable for longer play sessions. Because of this, definitely try before you buy to see if VR’s for you @StaceyPowers

Haven’t tried Beat Saber yet @kingpotato but I’ve only heard great things about it - supposed to be brilliant.

Its really fun, its like guitar hero but with light sabers.😁