Register Now
Jerlene

Dude goes to jail for murder after losing game.

People take gaming way to seriously. A Kentucky man punched his 1 month old son after losing a video game and has been charged with murder after his son died due to the blow. The 26 year old father lost his game, threw a controller across his room them proceeded to beat his infant son. After realizing what he had done, he tried to soothe the baby by making him a bottle. Sounds nice, right? But he dropped the baby along the way. Eventually, the baby was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. You can read the whole article here:

https://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-man-punched-his-baby-after-losing-video-game-charged-murder-after-1-1417472

It's incredibly sad. Is the line between reality and make believe thinner when it comes to gamers? What do you think? 

1 hour ago, Executor Akamia said:

I'm more inclined to believe it's an anger management issue, though without knowing if this man has a history, I can't say one way or the other, myself.

Same, because people can get frustrated with games and scream at them at most. So ysah, no need to blame gaming here.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

Very true, but it's an easy scapegoat.

It's true - this isn't anything new under the sun either. This has been around since the 90s and doesn't look that perspective is going to change anytime soon.

Haha. I think we all are thankful for that part. I think but socializing needs to be done to avoid being into this type of situations. I think one needs to understand that part about adjusting and tolerating people. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Haha. I think we all are thankful for that part. I think but socializing needs to be done to avoid being into this type of situations. I think one needs to understand that part about adjusting and tolerating people. 

And just what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Edited by The Blackangel

What I meant is, Socializing gets us out of the zone that usually solo gamers have. Like solo gamers often tend to assume things about society and they have their own approach to handle it. and that also is one topic that is covered in many gaming addiction rehabs.