Register Now
UleTheVee

When Your PC Dies

The PC on my mind gonna cost me in the region of $800 - $1000, that's the reason I never gotten a PC yet. I want the best that will satisfy my needs and not the one I'll regret over it after some days, I want to buy a PC and not thinking about buying another in the next 2-3 years. 

A friend of mine have his own PC running for 5 years right now and it's still functioning in full capacity. Yes, he does all the necessary maintenance and upgrades that's needed to keep the PC in good working shape.

It's when you neglect those things that are important for the survival of your PC that it dies sooner. 

Edited by Heatman

17 hours ago, melanie_marie27 said:

I don't really use my PC all that much anyway.. it's VERY old and can only run if it is constantly being charged. I guess I would just watch YouTube videos on TV or do some forum posting (via cell phone.)

Hope your PC is up and running soon. 🙂

My PC is super good. I do more than just watch YouTube videos on mine. It's a very pretty cool set up for my games especially my flight simulation games. I do some off game's work on it too. 

Not too long after I got my PC I had an issue with the USB ports on the top of the case, they had slipped and needed to be put back in place. Being that my PC was still under warranty I was able to send it back for repair. I was without my PC for nearly a week due to the repairs but luckily I had a laptop that I could switch to for the time being to be able to continue working and doing anything else I needed. If I didn't have the laptop option though, I would have more than likely spent my time either gaming or watching TV shows if need be. 

When my PC dies, I have a replacement plan to get a new one and just pay the price difference + a new plan. However, I am thinking of picking up a secondary laptop, maybe a Macbook or Macbook Air to serve me while I wait for the new PC to get in when the time comes. Back in 2001, my laptop had some issues with the keyboard and I had to send it in, best buy sent it back to Alienware to be repaired, but it turned out it couldn't be, so I was then given the option of getting a new alienware laptop, however, the time it took for them to ship it out and then for me to hear back was about 6-8 weeks. I was without a laptop or any PC for over a month. It was torture. I used my old surface pro 4 and tried doing my normal day to day web browsing with it, because of it's weak specs, It actually burn't out and the internal GPU on it died. 

So I think in the new year, i'll be buying a macbook just to have as a decent backup machine so something like the above, never happens again.

My gaming laptop died on me and I had to use a very old Google Chromebook to do things on, but soon after I started using that a much newer Google Chromebook went on sale at Best Buy and my mother and father bought it for me for my birthday. I'd love to get my gaming laptop fixed, but it seems like getting it fixed would cost almost the amount to just buy a new one.