Register Now
JennyorAlice

Favorite band of all time?

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I can't pick just one. Some top contenders:

Seabound, The Edge of Dawn, VNV Nation, Wovenhand, 16 Horsepower, The Cruxshadows, David Arkenstone, Andreas Vollenweider, Lacuna Coil, Ulver, The Legendary Pink Dots.

Seabound are amazing. "The Promise" might be one of my all time favourite tracks. The Covenant remix is my favourite version though, even if it's a bit hard to find.

VNV Nation has some great songs but their recent albums have kinda just been the same thing over and over. I don't feel they innovate as much as they should.

Edited by Alyxx

15 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Seabound are amazing. "The Promise" might be one of my all time favourite tracks. The Covenant remix is my favourite version though, even if it's a bit hard to find.

VNV Nation has some great songs but their recent albums have kinda just been the same thing over and over. I don't feel they innovate as much as they should.

I actually like the direction VNV Nation has gone over recent years, but I do see where you're coming from. And I love Covenant's remix of Torn.

8 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

16 Horsepower is pure gold ❤️

Have you listened to Wovenhand as well?

When I was younger, one of my absolute favourite bands was 5ive. I used to have all their albums, my bedroom was covered in their posters all around my walls and I also went to see them twice in concert! Once they split and were no longer making music, Nickelback was a band that I turned to and began to like. So far I have listened to all their albums but I have not been to see them live. I have quite a few friends that have been to see Nickelback live and absolutely loved it so I am eager to one day go and watch them live just to have experienced it.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:51 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I actually like the direction VNV Nation has gone over recent years, but I do see where you're coming from. And I love Covenant's remix of Torn.

Have you listened to Wovenhand as well?

Yeah! They're pretty similar to my favorite band of all times Madrugada so I've been checking them out too. We had a real crime TV series here in Greece and the director loved to add Wovenhand, 16 horsepower and Madrugada songs during the episodes. That's basically how I loved them all 😄

19 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

Yeah! They're pretty similar to my favorite band of all times Madrugada so I've been checking them out too. We had a real crime TV series here in Greece and the director loved to add Wovenhand, 16 horsepower and Madrugada songs during the episodes. That's basically how I loved them all 😄

I've never heard of Madrugada. I'm going to check them out now!