Register Now
TheSteelyardDweller

which Fallout 3 DLC is your fav?

9 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

which of the fallout 3 dlcs do you like best? @DylanC @StaceyPowers @Matt Morgans i like the anchorage one most. i liked learning more about the war, and the gear you get is awesome.

Personally, Point Lookout is my favourite of the DLC expansions for Fallout 3. I love it when DLC just drops you in a large, unexplored, mysterious map and tasks you with exploring the entire region. The dilapitaded swamps were very atmospheric and I liked seeing the new monsters as well. Because of this, I also adored the Old World Blues DLC in Fallout New Vegas for very similar reasons.

@TheSteelyardDweller The Anchorage one is pretty great! But I prefer The Pitt. I'm surprised you didn't pick that one, given your username?

@DylanC I had mixed feelings about Point Lookout. I loved the map and the ambiance, just like you did. The plot didn't really give me anything/anyone to emotionally connect to though. So in general, I think it was great, but it was lacking in that area to me.

My playthrough of NV crashed before I could play Old World Blues. I'm on my second playthrough now with my priority to actually finish the main quest line, but my top priority after that is to play Old World Blues.

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

@TheSteelyardDweller The Anchorage one is pretty great! But I prefer The Pitt. I'm surprised you didn't pick that one, given your username?

@DylanC I had mixed feelings about Point Lookout. I loved the map and the ambiance, just like you did. The plot didn't really give me anything/anyone to emotionally connect to though. So in general, I think it was great, but it was lacking in that area to me.

My playthrough of NV crashed before I could play Old World Blues. I'm on my second playthrough now with my priority to actually finish the main quest line, but my top priority after that is to play Old World Blues.

the Steelyard is the best thing about the Pitt. dlc was too short in general. would have loved if it was as big as point lookout.