Register Now
TheSteelyardDweller

do you ever burn out on gaming

As an adult no, I haven't ever felt burnt out with respect to playing games as a whole. Certain games sure, I've more than done the time with them lol. Back when I was teenager, I was playing MMORPG's for probably 10-12 hours per day, getting minimal sleep, school and then repeat. After I finished secondary school, that was certainly a time where I felt burnt out with things. I probably stopped playing for a good year actually as I made the move to University. I needed to get my life in order lol. Nowadays, with work and all that, it's easy to not get burnt out because I have minimal time to play anyway! 

I have my share of the burn out when it comes to the workplace, gaming, home. I think there has to be balance for all of them. And one moving into space of another. That is what creates the burn out in the due process. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have my share of the burn out when it comes to the workplace, gaming, home. I think there has to be balance for all of them. And one moving into space of another. That is what creates the burn out in the due process. 

Balance is definitely key to avoiding burnout but most people simply lack the discipline to implement such a balance.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:02 PM, killamch89 said:

Balance is definitely key to avoiding burnout but most people simply lack the discipline to implement such a balance.

From this week I have decided not to play more than 1 level of any game. This definitely helped reduce some level of addiction. 

59 minutes ago, skyfire said:

From this week I have decided not to play more than 1 level of any game. This definitely helped reduce some level of addiction. 

Sounds like a logical decision - I've also cut back on my gaming quite a bit to put that energy into more productive activities.

On 7/9/2019 at 1:48 AM, killamch89 said:

Sounds like a logical decision - I've also cut back on my gaming quite a bit to put that energy into more productive activities.

When I stream the games I make sure to do it like once a week and not more than that. Because I am not seeing chance of getting approval because most of the female streamers get quicker approval on twitch and also the monetization works lot quicker there. So better cut the time is what I think. 

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

When I stream the games I make sure to do it like once a week and not more than that. Because I am not seeing chance of getting approval because most of the female streamers get quicker approval on twitch and also the monetization works lot quicker there. So better cut the time is what I think. 

Or maybe try to make your content a bit more unique - add some hilarious commentary, dress in ridiculous costumes stuff like that...

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

That too. But I guess I am not a good person on the humor part for the type of games that I play. I guess I have to learn from others on the gaming world about that. 

Don't try to force the jokes, just make it flow and practice becomes perfect. Although, for others like me, it is second nature but I grew up in a household of jokers. My mother and father are very good at cracking jokes and I picked it up from them. You can learn what stand-up comedians do as well and try to incorporate it.

6 hours ago, camW00dS said:

Yes! And for me, it's totally normal, like in other life spheres, burn out - take a break. Find smth new until you want to play again

Every now and then, I try to take few days off from gaming and technology in general so that I can just enjoy the outside world. Sometimes, you don't even realize you need it until you actually take a break.