Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Keranov

Another PC for rendering/streaming?

If you are a content creator or a streamer would you prefer to have another PC to do the tasks while recording or streaming?

If I was in this I wouldn't get a second PC until I'm able to do YouTube/Twitch as a full time job.

I agree with you @Keranov. Otherwise, the investment will classify as high risk and you'll make a loss instead of profit. In my opinion, once you start to live of ad revenue and donations from being a YouTuber,  that's when you look into upgrading your equipment such as cameras and PC's. In the meantime while you build up your fan base, there is nothing wrong for using the same PC for rendering and streaming. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

You think streamers use two separate computers? LOL.

No fam, most ATX motherboards allow for multiple GPUs and the Processors they have meet requirements for high-end streaming sessions. So long as you have a multi-threaded computer with 2 different graphics cards, you can do an AIO setup.

I think it's reasonable to use two computers. Because streaming and gaming affects your device more due to heat. So it's better to have one backup computer just in case if the streaming computer fails. And that way you are in much safe situation. i know that initial 1 year of streaming you are not going to make big money. So you have to be frugal for having those computers later. 

Don't repeat my mistakes. Never use your main gaming PC for rendering and streaming. It overloads the system quite a lot. I had to reinstall Windows a few times here and there.

Yes having two PC for streaming and the gaming makes sense. Plus it can be good for having backup too. I think rendering takes more PC power so it needs to be protected and should not be used for the gaming. I'd say recording PC needs to have more power too. I'd definitely think about it in that context. I think people can also use the backup disks like drives with 500GB or so and take backup regularly to save data.