Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with the best balanced elements

In this thread where we were talking about the elements most important to us in the games we play,  @SpaceExplorer mentioned, "If a game gets all three, though, (gameplay, story, and setting), then I'm instantly hooked." 

We all know there are games where there is a strong emphasis on one aspect or another. But which games do you all think are most balanced in terms of getting all of these elements (and others) right?

@skyfire @kingpotato @The Blackangel @DylanC @UleTheVee @LadyDay @Bravosi @Executor Akamia

For me, it's Undertale. I've brought it up several times before, but it's worth mentioning again, especially since it's the first turn-based RPG since Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood to get me to take it seriously. Great characters, beautiful story, interesting setting, and unexpectedly (for me, anyway) fantastic gameplay. It also has amazing music.

Ori and the Blind Forest is a game that got all three aspects right, in my opinion. The story gets you right from the start and continues to hold you to the end. The gameplay is one of the best Metroidvania gameplays I've experienced as it's very fluid and challenging enough to keep you wanting to play more. The setting is visually stunning and the music is wonderful. It's a video game masterpiece that everyone should play at least once. I can't wait for the sequel.

11 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

Ori and the Blind Forest is a game that got all three aspects right, in my opinion. The story gets you right from the start and continues to hold you to the end. The gameplay is one of the best Metroidvania gameplays I've experienced as it's very fluid and challenging enough to keep you wanting to play more. The setting is visually stunning and the music is wonderful. It's a video game masterpiece that everyone should play at least once. I can't wait for the sequel.

I forgot about that game. I was interested in it in the past, but haven't yet played it. It's good to hear some feedback on it since I don't recall anyone else here mentioning it. I will definitely need to check it out!

God of War definitely comes into mind in this context. And so does the other games like shadow of colossus, final fantasy 15, darksiders etc. I think there are many others but these days many games are losing their story side of things. 

I think even the story wise RE and Silent Hil were not that bad. Though with the remastered version people can expect more from the game developers now. I think horror and survival games have lot balanced content.