Register Now
Keranov

Touchscreen monitors?

There are some monitors with a touchscreen available. If you are a PC gamer would you get one of these? Any reason?

Personally, I don't think that type of technology is for the PC market so I would never get a touchscreen monitor. It's just useless for me.

Touch screen monitors never really interested me if I am honest. I have been using PC's for years and I am so used to the keyboard and mouse method that even if I was to have a touch screen I probably still wouldn't use it so it would be a waste of money for me. 

I know some people who have touch screens and they got one just to say they had one but again, don't really bother using it and use the keyboard and mouse method so I'm thinking to myself, why? It really was a popular thing for a while and then died out like most things. 

There are some video games that wouldn't be compatible with touch screen. Two games on the top of my head are GTA 5 and Fortnite as moving between keyboards, mouse and your screen wouldn't work and you would end up dead by your enemy or opppent. Your montior would also end with grease and dirt all over it and you would struggle to play.

I see it as a bit silly.  Well, it's mostly a subjective thing.  I don't really see the need for touchscreen stuff - apart from mobile phones - based on my needs.  However, I can see why some people might like them.

Anyway, for my POV, I pretty much don't like any interface without a mouse.

Edited by Jayson

I think if you want to play games then touchscreen monitors can be pretty bad because unlike mobile they have bigger screen giving more chances of overwhelming yourself. And it can be pretty bad in terms of the content to be visible on the screen. And then trying to get the content to interact and then it may affect the screen more if user rage quits on the screen. Mobile can still be easier.