Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you didn't plan to play, but ended up liking?

Doki Doki Literature Club, I didn't think I'd ever play this because... look at it:

maxresdefault.jpg

Suffice to say... it didn't appeal to me, but I heard some people on a discord chat talking about and because the game was free I tried it out and.........

Well that's the thing, outside it being one of those interactive visual novels (another thing I usually can't stand) I can't really explain anything about without major spoilers so let's just say it NOT what you think and it's definitely worth checking out.  Especially since it's free!

Edited by Crazycrab

Mass Effect - No, honestly I wasn't convinced on my first try that it is a good game, it took a lot of insisting from friends to try again. And now it is one of my favorite franchises.

Portal 2 - Never played the first before this, got it free with the Orange Box bundle, so I tried it and it was quite enjoyable, so I later bought the first one as well

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer mode - I'm not into any multiplayer nowadays and this game forced you to play multiplayer as part of the single player campaign, which I loathed, but I ended up liking it and played more than the requirement.

Defiance - Probably the only MMO I enjoyed. I only tried it because it was a tie in game for the similarly named tv show.

Since I'm not in the habit of buying games I don't think I'll like that's the end of the list I believe.

On 1/9/2020 at 1:04 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah a lot of people prefer the record keeper not sure why but I know why it is worth it. 

It's a pretty solid Final Fantasy game without microtransactions and the animations are pretty good. I haven't played it in a few months but it goes down as one of my favorite mobile games of the last few years.

Persona 5 for me. I've never been a fan of JRPGs, but I heard so many good things about it so I had to check it out. Since then I've put over 100 hours into it and I don't think I'm close to finishing it. It's now one of my favorite games. 

On 1/10/2020 at 1:27 AM, Crazycrab said:

Doki Doki Literature Club, I didn't think I'd ever play this because... look at it:

maxresdefault.jpg

Suffice to say... it didn't appeal to me, but I heard some people on a discord chat talking about and because the game was free I tried it out and.........

Well that's the thing, outside it being one of those interactive visual novels (another thing I usually can't stand) I can't really explain anything about without major spoilers so let's just say it NOT what you think and it's definitely worth checking out.  Especially since it's free!

I second this one. I haven't played it personally, but I watched the Game Grumps' playthough of it. I'll just say that it certainly gets very, very interesting, so I highly recommend checking it out.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:14 AM, killamch89 said:

It's a pretty solid Final Fantasy game without microtransactions and the animations are pretty good. I haven't played it in a few months but it goes down as one of my favorite mobile games of the last few years.

They recently ported all of their games on android. they are huge downloads like PC but kind of load on the game makes you wonder if its made for the blackshark and ASUS phone based devices.