Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you didn't plan to play, but ended up liking?

Undertale. At least, I don't remember planning on playing it. @UleTheVee, however, kind of dragged me into playing it for a Let's Play on YouTube many years ago, and while he didn't like it, I did. We never properly finished that LP; at some point we abandoned it. Don't remember why, but the recording software I was using at the time eventually became out of date, with the update frustratingly not only not being free, but also freakishly expensive, so I could not keep going with that LP even if I wanted to. I did eventually finish the game on my own time, though.

1 hour ago, Executor Akamia said:

Undertale. At least, I don't remember planning on playing it. @UleTheVee, however, kind of dragged me into playing it for a Let's Play on YouTube many years ago, and while he didn't like it, I did. We never properly finished that LP; at some point we abandoned it. Don't remember why, but the recording software I was using at the time eventually became out of date, with the update frustratingly not only not being free, but also freakishly expensive, so I could not keep going with that LP even if I wanted to. I did eventually finish the game on my own time, though.

I want to finish that LP.

I never said I didn't want to finish that LP. However, I was waiting for you to get your recording software in order :V

27 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I want to finish that LP.

I never said I didn't want to finish that LP. However, I was waiting for you to get your recording software in order :V

Hahaha... Yeeeeeaaaaa too late. Even if I got my recording software in order again (which doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon) I'm not restarting the game for the sake of an LP. Not this one in particular, anyway.

2 hours ago, Executor Akamia said:

I keep hearing about this game. I think I'm going to need to check it out.

Blackthorne

Some neighbor kids had it when I was a kid. They were playing it one day and it drew me in instantly. I had seen the game in the store but the box cover turned me off. Then I saw them playing it, and I had to get it. Been playing it for over 20 years now.

When the first Batman Arkham game came out, I was skeptical, to say the least, because previous superhero games before it failed to deliver but the game was/is an absolute masterpiece and I am an avid fan of the series ever since.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper because I am not that into mobile games because of the disgusting P2W mechanics of most of these video games but Final Fantasy Record keeper is a quality game with or without the microtransactions. Free players get the same perks as the big spenders so spending money is optional.

Alien Isolation was also a game I hadn't planned on getting because of the lackluster Alien games up to this point but this game turned out to be an absolute treat. The nerve-wracking atmosphere of having to navigate your way through a ship of Aliens who get progressively smarter so you have to be finding new ways to outsmart them among other things.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:24 PM, killamch89 said:

Final Fantasy Record Keeper because I am not that into mobile games because of the disgusting P2W mechanics of most of these video games but Final Fantasy Record keeper is a quality game with or without the microtransactions. Free players get the same perks as the big spenders so spending money is optional.

Yeah a lot of people prefer the record keeper not sure why but I know why it is worth it.