Register Now
mont86

Global warming and the new green deal

On 9/14/2019 at 1:56 AM, Jayson said:

Well, green stuff is a good thing - but it sets back jobs and costs more money.  Well, the only way green stuff could gain real power - with conservatives in control (as in the USA) - is if people chose - as consumers - to go green - but fat chance of that!

As much as I'd like to see that happen as well I have to agree that the average person couldn't care less about it.

Typically Americans have the mentality of "Someone else will do it". Whether it's picking up trash, finishing a small job at their work, or recycling doesn't matter. The country has grown into such a capitalist and consumer mad nation, that no one cares unless they can buy more shit they don't need. Everything is a status symbol here. Just look at any gas station. There's shit there that no one needs. I'll be the first to admit that I have way too much shit that I don't need. But I also have a hard time getting rid of stuff. That's not an excuse, it's just a reason. There are a couple things I collect, but that's different. I would venture to say that everyone collects something. But there are also people (mostly hippies) that are obsessed with recycling absolutely EVERYTHING. Which is good, except for the proven fact that a lot of recyclable stuff, doesn't actually get recycled. It's a sad world. And it's all about money.

"I'd trade it all for a little more"
- Montgomery Burns (The Simpsons)

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Typically Americans have the mentality of "Someone else will do it". Whether it's picking up trash, finishing a small job at their work, or recycling doesn't matter. The country has grown into such a capitalist and consumer mad nation, that no one cares unless they can buy more shit they don't need. Everything is a status symbol here. Just look at any gas station. There's shit there that no one needs. I'll be the first to admit that I have way too much shit that I don't need. But I also have a hard time getting rid of stuff. That's not an excuse, it's just a reason. There are a couple things I collect, but that's different. I would venture to say that everyone collects something. But there are also people (mostly hippies) that are obsessed with recycling absolutely EVERYTHING. Which is good, except for the proven fact that a lot of recyclable stuff, doesn't actually get recycled. It's a sad world. And it's all about money.

"I'd trade it all for a little more"
- Montgomery Burns (The Simpsons)

Believe me when I say it isn't just Americans, this is the culture of the West in general - Nobody wants to take responsibility for anything but expect to take credit for things they didn't help with.