Register Now
StaceyPowers

WHO now officially lists "gaming disorder" as a disease

On 5/29/2019 at 8:15 AM, skyfire said:

I think manly games are pretty much gone. Except mortal kombat I don't think any manly games have remained. I don't consider soccer and cricket exactly manly games anymore even women and LGBTQ community plays it. And with horizon type games I am kind of worried about type of SJW concepts gone in the head of kids. I don't think there are any research studies on testosterone levels or way to boost it while playing games . But if kids are thinking gender is social construct then definitely testosterone level has dropped to zero for them especially if they are into gaming. 

Seriously, LOL, you all are making to "big a deal" about testosterone.  I mean, in actuality, it has nothing to do with games.  In fact, if anything, testosterone is going down, possibly, because gamers (some of them) only game, and don't get of their behinds and do anything else.   O.K., do they ever workout?  In fact, just mild working out, raises testosterone - even in ages as late as 40 years old.

On 5/30/2019 at 7:51 AM, skyfire said:

Considering I studied science, I don't consider gender as social construct. It's either two of them or imbalance of both in one category.If we give art graduates the right on science, that would muddy the scientific facts. That's why I feel SJWs should not interfere with scientific facts with their acceptance theories mixed in to muddy the reality. Then again gaming industry along with comics and hollywood are already fallen into SJW schemes, so this mental disorder was bound to happen. 

Science and math cannot meddled with by SJWs - cause "facts are facts".  But honestly, the last time anti-SJW had full sway over science, they also meddled with things.  I mean, look at the Nazi Regime (too much emphasis on nature over nurture), gosh!

Edited by Jayson

18 hours ago, Jayson said:

Seriously, LOL, you all are making to "big a deal" about testosterone.  I mean, in actuality, it has nothing to do with games.  In fact, if anything, testosterone is going down, possibly, 

For you it may not be a big deal for rest of the world it is. 

Science and Math is already meddled with SJWs, read harward business blogs, how the history and science is being meddled. Then again depending on your stance you may end up accepting what they say. 

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

For you it may not be a big deal for rest of the world it is. 

Science and Math is already meddled with SJWs, read harward business blogs, how the history and science is being meddled. Then again depending on your stance you may end up accepting what they say. 

Well, you know, "I'm a dude, not a transsexual or anything." 😀 - but honestly, I have to say that this is a case of "reaping what was sown", even though, as just said, "I like to have a good time.".   I mean, decades and years of countless abuse of "traditional abusers" has certainly - lead to a backlash.   However, that's NOT saying everyone was abusing, though,  In fact, a minority of abusers have always messed things up - just like with SJWs, a minority of idiots have ruined their movements.

But, believe me, the backlash or anti-SJW movement is WAY more scary and probably will win.  I mean, when will cops get fed up, finally with black crime (in the US)?  When will angry workers finally rise up against low wage immigrants?   Well, the population of Africa is expected to quadruple in this next century - so where will that leave "white guilt" (and maybe also Northeast Asian guilt)?

Edited by Jayson

The issue with SJW is that the damage that has happened to society. And how with california law the kids are being told you can choose gender, this will only produce feminized male kids and may affect future generations. Thats like our old age is in trouble with such society. That movement already won but I am among the camp who is more rooting for their deterioration. SJW and LGBT has to go back to the same place where they started otherwise we may end up in extremely worst type of society where one strong community can beat entire world and start dictating. 

What the hell does this science have to do with SJW everyone keeps talking about? You all actually sound like the SJW you criticize. Anyways, SJW shouldn't get mixed up in science or else you get wackos who won't wear a mask or get vaccinated during Covid because those are some true wacky SJW's who are anti science. Enough said about that nonsense. 

But if gaming disorder is a disease, then internet disorder and tv disorder and social media disorder should all be diseases. How many people get into wrecks while on their phones? If you can't stay off the damn thing long enough to operate a motor vehicle, then cell phones and social media should be a disorder. But doing that kind of research on internet and phones won't work because it is widely spread and accepted to the public; plus the big tech giants will probably lobby the research away if their devices are known to be associated with a disorder, or massive lawsuits against the WHO which tech giants can afford to do.   

As much as I hate to say it, I think the WHO is somewhat right here. There is very real possibility of people becoming addicted to video games. I still believe that if someone has an addictive personality, they will be addicted to whatever they find to be fun. But, I believe addiction to games is real, and some people do need help. Now, I mean people who do nothing but game all day, don't eat much, don't care for themselves or their family and so on. When it gets that bad, than I say there's a big problem. 

But, it's the same as those who are addicted to the internet. Sad truth is, I think we're all addicted to the web for the most part. If anything, I view it was tech addiction, where you're addicted to the internet, gaming, and other forms of digital media and devices. 

On 5/26/2019 at 3:12 AM, The Blackangel said:

It's an excuse to label those of us that still game in our late 30's as mentally deficient. Nothing more.

Who even cares about what they list or don't list as a disease? It's still not going to change anything or deter me from playing. 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:50 PM, Heatman said:

What have they done so far to help those that have their so called gaming disorder disease? 🙄 

They are probably looking for another lab rat they would subject to another of their experiments and practicals. 

On 2/28/2022 at 6:42 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

What the hell does this science have to do with SJW everyone keeps talking about? You all actually sound like the SJW you criticize. Anyways, SJW shouldn't get mixed up in science or else you get wackos who won't wear a mask or get vaccinated during Covid because those are some true wacky SJW's who are anti science. Enough said about that nonsense. 

But if gaming disorder is a disease, then internet disorder and tv disorder and social media disorder should all be diseases. How many people get into wrecks while on their phones? If you can't stay off the damn thing long enough to operate a motor vehicle, then cell phones and social media should be a disorder. But doing that kind of research on internet and phones won't work because it is widely spread and accepted to the public; plus the big tech giants will probably lobby the research away if their devices are known to be associated with a disorder, or massive lawsuits against the WHO which tech giants can afford to do.   

Some people are addicted to making money right? I'm very sure that you know people have such addiction. What can WHO say on that? Will they label them having money disorder disease?