Register Now
StaceyPowers

WHO now officially lists "gaming disorder" as a disease

39 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

WHO can decide and say whatever they feel like, but they can't get me into accepting it or getting me to the hospital because they say I have gaming disorder. 

That's the peak of it. Its their own opinion and it's never going to change anything for most gamers as far as I know. Who even cares about their opinions? They should look at more pressing issues in the health sector and not worry about gamers. 

I enjoy my games the way it pleases to me, if I harm my own health playing games I'm the one who's going to suffer the effects and not WHO. Which I apply caution too,I manage everything I do with caution, I don't see any side effects via gaming when you're playing with schedule and have proper rest in the process. 

23 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I enjoy my games the way it pleases to me, if I harm my own health playing games I'm the one who's going to suffer the effects and not WHO. Which I apply caution too,I manage everything I do with caution, I don't see any side effects via gaming when you're playing with schedule and have proper rest in the process. 

They (WHO) probably see all of us like a bunch of addicts that doesn't have control when we play video games and that's why they generalized on the subject. 

31 minutes ago, Boblee said:

They (WHO) probably see all of us like a bunch of addicts that doesn't have control when we play video games and that's why they generalized on the subject. 

That's exactly what they got wrong with their generalization about all gamers habit. All of us are not addicts. Yes, there are some addicts amongst us but it's not enough to make that declaration. 

29 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's exactly what they got wrong with their generalization about all gamers habit. All of us are not addicts. Yes, there are some addicts amongst us but it's not enough to make that declaration. 

That's very correct and they can go all they want to promote whatever they say but it's not going to matter to a lot of gamers. Unless they start making it a force to have us checked out which I don't see how it's going to be possible, then there will be a serious problem. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

I know they're health educators, and practitioners, but they do make mistakes, giving wrong description of illnesses or diseases at times. We understand that, excess of everything is wrong for sure, but they should not pure too much sticks to gamers, because we game for fun. 

I don't think they are trying to attack gamers, they are bringing awareness to a problem some people have. It's no different saying some people have a eating disorder. They aren't attacking people for eating or not eating food, but some people do have a problem. That doesn't mean you will go throw up after tonight's dinner, unless it's slimy snails in chocolate blood sauce. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, Boblee said:

That's very correct and they can go all they want to promote whatever they say but it's not going to matter to a lot of gamers. Unless they start making it a force to have us checked out which I don't see how it's going to be possible, then there will be a serious problem. 

I do understand that some people might have a problem with how they allow their gaming habits grow into something unhealthy. It might just be the angle they are trying to work at but it's not really necessary for them to poke into it right now. They have better things to do. 

17 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don't think they are trying to attack gamers, they are bringing awareness to a problem some people have. It's no different saying some people have a eating disorder. They aren't attacking people for eating or not eating food, but some people do have a problem. That doesn't mean you will go throw up after tonight's dinner, unless it's slimy snails in chocolate blood sauce. 

That's very understandable that some gamers have a problem but what's WHO case in it? I'm not if they have done anything big to help those with any gaming problems or have they? 

21 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Like gamers are not aware of the problem to begin with? Anyways, they felt it's within their power and jurisdiction to come up with that assessment. Congratulations to them, they have done well. 

On 6/2/2022 at 12:55 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I know they're health educators, and practitioners, but they do make mistakes, giving wrong description of illnesses or diseases at times. We understand that, excess of everything is wrong for sure, but they should not pure too much sticks to gamers, because we game for fun. 

They wouldn't see the good role video games play in the life of gamers and make something nice about it but only the bad aspect of it that they would care about. 

56 minutes ago, Boblee said:

They wouldn't see the good role video games play in the life of gamers and make something nice about it but only the bad aspect of it that they would care about. 

I've never seen where the WHO brings up something beneficial in terms of well-being, every of their health instruction always come with dreadful tasks in order to stay inline of safety. 

On 6/3/2022 at 10:36 PM, Boblee said:

It's not today that such pattern started. The bad aspect of everything always seems to get more publicity than the good side of it. We just have to deal with it. 

21 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's not today that such pattern started. The bad aspect of everything always seems to get more publicity than the good side of it. We just have to deal with it. 

Exactly, it's just like they are doing in the news. The disastrous event gets more publicity than the good one's. If it's a bad thing, they would stress it over and over again but if it's the good part, just once and they will leave it alone.