Register Now
StaceyPowers

WHO now officially lists "gaming disorder" as a disease

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's not today that such pattern started. The bad aspect of everything always seems to get more publicity than the good side of it. We just have to deal with it. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, it's just like they are doing in the news. The disastrous event gets more publicity than the good one's. If it's a bad thing, they would stress it over and over again but if it's the good part, just once and they will leave it alone. 

Exactly, all we ever see is the bad in the world. But the WHO's job isn't to report on what country has the best lovers. 

On 6/3/2022 at 3:56 PM, Heatman said:

Like gamers are not aware of the problem to begin with? Anyways, they felt it's within their power and jurisdiction to come up with that assessment. Congratulations to them, they have done well. 

Most of us knows that very well and we are all doing our best to keep the playing sane as far as we can. It's been a struggle by the way for some. 

23 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Exactly, all we ever see is the bad in the world. But the WHO's job isn't to report on what country has the best lovers. 

It's why I really felt pissed and attacked by the angle at which they jumped into what goes on with gamers. 

35 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

Who cares what WHO says? They are pretty biased on almost all issues.

As for what they had do say about gamers, I would say that they overeached but with their reports on COVID, I don't question it in any way. 

16 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's true - it is an agenda-based organization who only serves the interests of those who line their pockets.

Corruption is everywhere in the world, even in the health sector. It's a big shame how everything is all about money now. 

On 6/2/2022 at 6:38 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don't think they are trying to attack gamers, they are bringing awareness to a problem some people have. It's no different saying some people have a eating disorder. They aren't attacking people for eating or not eating food, but some people do have a problem. That doesn't mean you will go throw up after tonight's dinner, unless it's slimy snails in chocolate blood sauce. 

That's perfectly said mate, bringing an issue to the awareness of the public isn't bad, and we can't deny there are individuals with gaming disorders,  that wouldn't stop other game lovers from playing video games either, but make them aware that such a disorder exists.

On 6/7/2022 at 4:31 PM, Boblee said:

It's why I really felt pissed and attacked by the angle at which they jumped into what goes on with gamers. 

One thing which I know for certain is that no gamer pays attention to what WHO have got to say about their gaming habits. They are just rambling on their own.