Register Now
StaceyPowers

Rage 2

6 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Those of you who have played Rage 2, how is it? 

@Alyxx Would love to hear what you have to say about it.

Extremely mediocre so far... In fact I would say it borders on being bad. Combat is fun at times but the enemy roster is extremely samey and not very interesting. Overall the game just lacks any of the charm and style of the first game and feels a lot more shallow and hollow. I would say in fact it ends up feeling like just another open world game with no originality at all.

I do have a lot more to get into so I'll let you know when I'm writing my full review of it.

Edited by Alyxx

1 minute ago, Alyxx said:

Extremely mediocre so far... In fact I would say it borders on being bad. Combat is fun at times but the enemy roster is extremely samey and not very interesting. Overall the game just lacks any of the charm and style of the first game and feels a lot more shallow and hollow. I would say in fact it ends up feeling like just another open world game with no originality at all.

I do have a lot more to get into so I'll let you know when I'm writing my full review of it.

that is disappointing to hear. Given the games you enjoy, I feel like I can trust your opinion on this one :/ Def let me know when you have that review up.

Has some really bad driving controls and the PC port has extremely clunky interface controls. Oh and I hope you enjoy popups that pause the game for you and force you to stare at them for a whole minute cause the game has a lot of them.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, Alyxx said:

Has some really bad driving controls and the PC port has extremely clunky interface controls. Oh and I hope you enjoy popups that pause the game for you and force you to stare at them for a whole minute cause the game has a lot of them.

popups? what sort of popups

9 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

popups? what sort of popups

Whenever you complete ANY objective the game pauses and shows you the amount of XP you get and blablabla. It gets very obnoxious and very old fast.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, Alyxx said:

Whenever you complete ANY objective the game pauses and shows you the amount of XP you get and blablabla. It gets very obnoxious and very old fast.

I've been saying it for the longest while that Bethesda no longer has it in them to create a great game - It's always the modding community that extends the lifetime of their games. Otherwise, most people would move on from their games within a year.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I've been saying it for the longest while that Bethesda no longer has it in them to create a great game - It's always the modding community that extends the lifetime of their games. Otherwise, most people would move on from their games within a year.

Except Bethesda didn't make this game. Avalanche did. That being said, it kinda doesn't really feel like it even has its own identity. When they described it as a mix of Mad Max and Doom that is literally what it is. It doesn't do any unique spin on it, it just takes elements from Rage, Mad Max and Doom and mixes them together. Sure all of those individual elements are fun but it ends up making Rage 2 this weird amalgation of elements from other games without doing anything unique. Say what you want about Bethesda games but they are at least fun to play (with the exception of Fallout 76 notably), but Rage 2 is just kind of boring in my opinion.

I'll get into more detail about Rage 2 in my review of it but saying it's disappointing cause it's a Bethesda game is just kind of weird imo when Bethesda is only publishing it.

Edited by Alyxx

5 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Except Bethesda didn't make this game. Avalanche did. That being said, it kinda doesn't really feel like it even has its own identity. When they described it as a mix of Mad Max and Doom that is literally what it is. It doesn't do any unique spin on it, it just takes elements from Rage, Mad Max and Doom and mixes them together. Sure all of those individual elements are fun but it ends up making Rage 2 this weird amalgation of elements from other games without doing anything unique. Say what you want about Bethesda games but they are at least fun to play (with the exception of Fallout 76 notably), but Rage 2 is just kind of boring in my opinion.

I'll get into more detail about Rage 2 in my review of it but saying it's disappointing cause it's a Bethesda game is just kind of weird imo when Bethesda is only publishing it.

Doom Eternal looks pretty nice though and it is set to be launched in November so I can't wait. I'll be looking forward to your review btw.

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Great review, sad to know that the game is not that good.

The combat is fun but ultimately feels pointless sadly. So yeah it depends on how much you enjoy the combat I feel.

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

Alyxx has written an excellent review. And though it's a good gameplay that I have checked on youtube. I can'g get myself to play the game. I think any game similar to mad max is kind of turn off for me these days. 

Yeah you can easily skip on it and not miss anything...