Register Now
StaceyPowers

Abilities in games you ignore because they're annoying in some way

In games you’ve played a lot, are there abilities which you ignore/don’t use because of some annoying aspect?

In Bioshock, for example, there is an invisibility power you can use. I was so excited when I got it … but there is this annoying sound which it makes every time you phase in or out, and it gets to be constant if you aren’t moving around constantly. So I couldn’t stand using it.

I remember not using Duke's Duke Vision in Duke Nukem Forever due to an extremely high pitched whine that plays when you use them, similar to that from a CRT TV. Just felt really uncomfortable.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:29 AM, Alyxx said:

I remember not using Duke's Duke Vision in Duke Nukem Forever due to an extremely high pitched whine that plays when you use them, similar to that from a CRT TV. Just felt really uncomfortable.

The Healing Other spell in Skyrim is like that. It's a really useful spell, but the moment I'm done with it, I have to select a different one, because when it is equipped but not in use, it emits this high pitched whine. Ir drives me absolutely bonkers.

If you have played those heroes specific android or console games, I am sure that you'd notice that the games have this lightening power in most of them. And it doesnt do much damage atleast in the games that I have played it only stuns the enemy but does not kill them. 

On 5/27/2019 at 2:35 PM, StaceyPowers said:

The Healing Other spell in Skyrim is like that. It's a really useful spell, but the moment I'm done with it, I have to select a different one, because when it is equipped but not in use, it emits this high pitched whine. Ir drives me absolutely bonkers.

Half the time I forget about this spell and then I find myself complaining that it is so ridiculous that I don't have any spells to heal my followers. 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Half the time I forget about this spell and then I find myself complaining that it is so ridiculous that I don't have any spells to heal my followers. 🤣🤣

Oh yeah, that happens to me sometimes too. One thing which has helped is adding it to the shortcuts menu. But then I forget that I have a shortcuts menu ...

20 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Oh yeah, that happens to me sometimes too. One thing which has helped is adding it to the shortcuts menu. But then I forget that I have a shortcuts menu ...

Don't worry you're not the only one lol. I was mentioning the fact that I would be complaining about lack of spells/items to heal followers and the spell would be right in front of me in the menu and I subconsciously keep ignoring it.