Register Now
Aerielle del Rosario

Useless weapon in video games

13 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Those little pistols in Fallout games that are easy to get near the beginning, energy-based and otherwise. They're really pointless after you get a better gun. I end up with massive amounts of unused ammo for them as a result (which doubles as currency, so it's fine).

Yeah, I remember those! I would often change it for something else

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

All the fist weapons in Castlevania: SOTN. They are absolutely useless. Sure some of them up your attack in the beginning, but you have to be so damn close to the creature that you're gonna take more damage than you're going to deal out. That's why I keep my Alucard items in the beginning.

Short-range weapons then you get the damage while you're at it, right?

I’ve just remembered another one—the Ebony Blade in Skyrim. For those who don’t know, it’s a special unique Daedric weapon you can get through a quest.

It has very little base damage. I experimented with the thing for weeks, and couldn’t figure out what was supposed to be so great about it. I finally remembered to look it up, and learned that if you kill friendly characters with it, it gains power absorbing health.

Great, I guess? The very fact that I never figured this out on my own shows how useless the sword is to me. Just more weight in my inventory, ugh.

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

I’ve just remembered another one—the Ebony Blade in Skyrim. For those who don’t know, it’s a special unique Daedric weapon you can get through a quest.

It has very little base damage. I experimented with the thing for weeks, and couldn’t figure out what was supposed to be so great about it. I finally remembered to look it up, and learned that if you kill friendly characters with it, it gains power absorbing health.

Great, I guess? The very fact that I never figured this out on my own shows how useless the sword is to me. Just more weight in my inventory, ugh.

Yeah the ebony blade is very useless , the sword alone is not worth it if you have to kill a companion.

A useless weapon in videogames its the Mozambique in Apex Legends, a little bit of background first your health is based on 100 points , the Mozambique its like a hand gun shotgun, it only fires three rounds with 3 bullets in each round , the 3 bullets are sent out in a triangle shape, supposedly if you accurately hit the target its going to make 45 points of damage. The problem is that if you only land one of the 3 bullets its only going to make about 10-15 damage and if you hit the arm or the legs is going to be about a 5-10 damage, recharging the thing is too slow and since its a shotgun obviously the farther your target the more the bullets spread out and the less damage they make.

21 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah the ebony blade is very useless , the sword alone is not worth it if you have to kill a companion.

A useless weapon in videogames its the Mozambique in Apex Legends, a little bit of background first your health is based on 100 points , the Mozambique its like a hand gun shotgun, it only fires three rounds with 3 bullets in each round , the 3 bullets are sent out in a triangle shape, supposedly if you accurately hit the target its going to make 45 points of damage. The problem is that if you only land one of the 3 bullets its only going to make about 10-15 damage and if you hit the arm or the legs is going to be about a 5-10 damage, recharging the thing is too slow and since its a shotgun obviously the farther your target the more the bullets spread out and the less damage they make.

That does sound like a pain in the ass. The triangle shape just doesn't sound like the most ideal dispersal pattern. I think devs sometimes throw in what they think of as "challenge weapons," i.e. "it's hard to use, so we'll reward you if you succeed with it." But those weapons usually are not as much fun as weapons with practical designs that make them actually effective.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Warhammer in Skyrim is the most useless weapon known to man. If the tip of the weapon doesn't connect, you will hardly do any damage at all - on top of that, swing speed is ridiculously slow and outside of power attacking, it is quite useless.

dude good call i hate those things. they are so cumbersome. i feel like i'm in slow motion when i try to use it.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Warhammer in Skyrim is the most useless weapon known to man. If the tip of the weapon doesn't connect, you will hardly do any damage at all - on top of that, swing speed is ridiculously slow and outside of power attacking, it is quite useless.

Yeah I never quite liked warhammers in Skyrim, they are super slow and you are wide open before and after the swing. 

On 5/29/2019 at 10:37 AM, StaceyPowers said:

That does sound like a pain in the ass. The triangle shape just doesn't sound like the most ideal dispersal pattern. I think devs sometimes throw in what they think of as "challenge weapons," i.e. "it's hard to use, so we'll reward you if you succeed with it." But those weapons usually are not as much fun as weapons with practical designs that make them actually effective.

Yeah its like using a pellet gun. You are right there are always challenge weapons in games and some might be fun or others even worth it despite the cons it has, but a gun like this is just pure garbage.