Register Now
Aerielle del Rosario

Useless weapon in video games

11 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Okay that I didnt know, you can use torchs ???!!

Yeah, I don't even know how I figured that out. You can equip it like you normally would to carry it around, and then just swing it like a melee weapon and it does work. I don't know how much damage it does. Probably not much. I think the target can catch fire if the torch is lit too, but I'm not sure. They do burn out after a while if you (not your party member) is carrying them. I don't think they can be upgraded like the wooden sword though, because the game keeps it under miscellaneous supplies rather than weapons.

11 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Yeah, I don't even know how I figured that out. You can equip it like you normally would to carry it around, and then just swing it like a melee weapon and it does work. I don't know how much damage it does. Probably not much. I think the target can catch fire if the torch is lit too, but I'm not sure. They do burn out after a while if you (not your party member) is carrying them. I don't think they can be upgraded like the wooden sword though, because the game keeps it under miscellaneous supplies rather than weapons.

I will definitely try this the next time I play, its funny I have been playing Skyrim at least for the last 4 years and this is the first time I learn this.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:31 PM, kingpotato said:

I will definitely try this the next time I play, its funny I have been playing Skyrim at least for the last 4 years and this is the first time I learn this.

It blows my mind how often I encounter something which is brand new to me in that game after so much time. 

On 6/18/2019 at 8:42 PM, kingpotato said:

It is one huge game 😁

Wait you didn't know you could attack with torches? Come to think of it, I haven't tried finishing Skyrim with a torch as a weapon yet...I need to take myself up on that challenge.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:04 PM, killamch89 said:

Wait you didn't know you could attack with torches? Come to think of it, I haven't tried finishing Skyrim with a torch as a weapon yet...I need to take myself up on that challenge.

nah dude, never occurred to me.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:04 PM, killamch89 said:

That would be really hard to do. You can't upgrade a torch, can you? And the fire damage wears out when the torch burns out. At least with the wooden sword, you can upgrade the sword the way you do any other weapon if you grab some wood. 

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

That would be really hard to do. You can't upgrade a torch, can you? And the fire damage wears out when the torch burns out. At least with the wooden sword, you can upgrade the sword the way you do any other weapon if you grab some wood. 

I guess I'll have to carry plenty of sacrif-I mean followers then and probably offer the dragons some bandits as a peace offering. I'm not sure how I'd incapacitate the dragon though seeing as they have no balls to hit them in or any weak spots. Or maybe get two dragons to duke it out and finish off the winner... I'll just go unarmed then and finish Skyrim without a weapon (easy to do with mods/a tad more difficult without).