Register Now
Aerielle del Rosario

Is VR a new trend for E-sports?

I’ve seen a lot of news lately about VR competitions and I want to know your thoughts about it because a lot of people are debating whether VR should be part of competitions as some people say it is a fad and some are not sure if it will take off.

I personally think that VR competitions are a new step for us gamers, it will broaden our skills with virtual reality aside from AI battles. VR Fest, world’s largest virtual reality festival, always held this massive festival for everyone to watch Virtual Reality streamers compete with each other then The World Cyber Games established Final Assault (VR RTS game) as their first new horizons to give players a new and unique environment to play in.

image.png.be2142c32759c4956fb9e0bfd25531ed.png

Although the classic consoles are PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Wii, and Mobile Phones… we can give this one a try, right?

It would be funny if they are competing but the game is too realistic and someone ended up going outside without anyone noticing him 🤣

image.png.f48996ca4e1c1054659d46e1afca2ee3.png

6 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

Agree with everything @killamch89 said. VR is currently not suitable for esports and the question is when it will be, but with its further development, I'm sure we'll see more of it.

At the current rate VR technology is progressing, I'd say give it another 6-7 years and it will take another 2-3 years of gradual integration to make it mainstream in Esports competitions.

I don't think VR will be common in esports for a long time. The fact that only a few graphics cards on the market are capable of decent performance on VR games makes it less than ideal for an environment where performance is everything.

On 4/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, SaucyPastaTho said:

I never heard of e sports using VRS. Has this just started? I essentially thought VR Was just for the casual player.

Echo and Solar is getting more popular in the esports scene. 
I think it's going to be huge in another ten years. 
There are already high school VR leagues.