Register Now
Demon_skeith

Your first PlayStation?

My bro and I got a PS1 for Christmas one year with a bunch of games. My dad purchased a PS1 with a ton of games and other stuff from someone he knew. It was probably the best Christmas I ever had, as it came with so many games. I think it'd be cool to revisit that memory as a kid. I remember opening games, but not the PS1. 

On 8/24/2018 at 7:27 AM, Demon_skeith said:

As we near the age of the 5th playstation console, which one of the first four or handhelds was your first Sony system?

I started out with Playstation 1; at least the first one I purchased with my own money. 

On 10/22/2018 at 11:37 PM, MegaphoneStallone said:

PS2, when it first came out.

I wasn't heaps big on it for a fair while - but I got onto it eventually.

That's the first Playstation that I bought as well. I had to save while going hungry for a while so as to be able to purchase it. Loved every bit of it since then.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:37 PM, Head_Hunter said:

xD, you don't starve yourself all because of video games. I never did that, even when I was addicted to playing at the earlier time, my stomach is always important to me. 

I understand what you meant, but you've got to know that addiction is something that can make one go crazy when they want to get the thing they want.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:18 PM, Knight Barida said:

That's the first Playstation that I bought as well. I had to save while going hungry for a while so as to be able to purchase it. Loved every bit of it since then.

With the kind of peer group I had when I was growing up, it was impossible for me to miss out playing on PS1 and owning it as well. 

Technically the PlayStation 1 was my first console but I actually got it a long, long time after launch. There was a kids auction site where you could bid points for items and I won a PS1 that I enjoyed for a bit when I still had my Xbox 360. But in terms of a proper first PlayStation console, it was the PS4.

4 hours ago, Darth said:

Technically the PlayStation 1 was my first console but I actually got it a long, long time after launch. There was a kids auction site where you could bid points for items and I won a PS1 that I enjoyed for a bit when I still had my Xbox 360. But in terms of a proper first PlayStation console, it was the PS4.

It was my one and only first Playstation console, even though I played so much with my friend's own before getting mine.