Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with the most innovative or unique mechanics

I recently checked one korean physics puzzle game and it was pretty unique. It was pity that they only had translation for one level and I can't move through that. I can't even write or pronounce that game name. I wish they can come up with english port. 

On 7/21/2019 at 6:07 AM, killamch89 said:

Otaki is a game with a very unique mechanic of using a paintbrush to do sword attacks, make bombs among other stuff. I haven't seen another game implement that system and make it so appealing.

Did you mean Okami? I never heard of Otaki, but from what you're describing, it seems like Okami to me.

5 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

Did you mean Okami? I never heard of Otaki, but from what you're describing, it seems like Okami to me.

Yeah my mistake, I was watching an anime with a character named Otaki from Megami while I was typing this.🤣

Edited by killamch89

Marble Madness had some weird mechanics. The marble feels like it's full of lead slowing it down, while on ice and moving like there's a drunk Nascar driver on a go cart track. I played it once after I dropped acid, and it was beyond a freaky trip. But I was also kicking purple gnomes in the nuts to make them shut up and watching a unicorn buttfuck a faery, so go figure. And don't even get me started on the singing sword that was castrating the furniture. The car fought it at first but eventually submitted after the hay in the barn talked it into it. I also had to apologize to all the fibers on the carpet for stepping on them when I went out and asked the door for permission to touch it. The bastard made me answer 3 fucking riddles before letting me outside. The clouds thought the whole thing was funny as hell. And a note of caution kids: don't play with an electric fence when you've dropped acid. It won't go well.

All in all, it was a bit of a wild ride.

On 5/29/2019 at 3:44 PM, killamch89 said:

The Nemesis system from Shadow Of Mordor is pretty unique in that the ranks of the enemy army constantly changes throughout. Sometimes lower ranked ones killed off the generals for example and took their place.

That sounds cool. So, when a lower ranked enemy takes the place of its former superior, how does that change things? Can the new general have an entirely different strategy than the one he replaced, forcing the player to adapt to the change?