Register Now
skyfire

Selling old Consoles

On 4/2/2022 at 6:46 PM, Yaramaki said:

Best advice if you don't need the money or space don't sell your old consoles, fat chance you are going to regret it later well maybe not right away but give it a few years time and it be like damn wish i could play that game again. 

I think old consoles fetch a lot of good money and if you ran out of the games, then it'd  be worth selling.

With the big 3, between me and @Rain Dew we have owned virtually every console. The only ones I can think of that we haven't owned are Virtual Boy, Wii U, and PSVita. Other than those 3, we have every PlayStation, every Nintendo, and every Xbox. And we make sure to always have a working copy of the system in the house. Our viewpoint, is that there may be a game on an old system that was only released during that era that we just loved. Since it's not available on anything new, we keep the old stuff so we can still play and enjoy it. For example, Castlevania SOTN was only available on PS1 (or Saturn but forget that for now). It was playable on the PS2 and PS3, but since then not compatible with any PS systems. It was and still is a phenomenal game. So if you wanted to play it, but had sold off all your previous PlayStation models, you would be screwed. There are other games that are one and done that we both love.

The point I'm trying to make, is that it doesn't make sense to me to dump your games when a new one comes out if you enjoyed them. You're only going to miss them in the end and want them back.

My attachment to my old consoles would never allow me to sell them especially if it's the one's I played on myself. I would never be open to selling them. But in a situation where I felt like doing a business and pick up a cool stuff which I know some people might be interested in buying, I'd sell it. 

On 4/2/2022 at 8:16 AM, Yaramaki said:

Best advice if you don't need the money or space don't sell your old consoles, fat chance you are going to regret it later well maybe not right away but give it a few years time and it be like damn wish i could play that game again. 

Or you could even auction it off in the next 20+ years for thousands of dollars. It's a good option to keep them around for personal reasons.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Or you could even auction it off in the next 20+ years for thousands of dollars. It's a good option to keep them around for personal reasons.

The more those games get old, the more they appreciate in their value or worth. I'd say that it pays better to keep them more than selling them.