Register Now
skyfire

Selling old Consoles

In my case I often look at Ebay for selling the old consoles. And I have noticed that one can earn pretty good price for the same. Have you ever tried to sell the old console which is ofcourse in functioning condition. Any site where you tried?

We don't have much craiglist experience. I think in such case I'd just prefer the ebay or similar sites where the old stuff can be flipped for some cash.  I am sure once new PS launches old would be on sales. 

I sold my Xbox 360 for £30 with a couple of games last year, but I now think that I should have kept it a while longer. In terms of buying consoles, I would love to buy a PS2 or PSP just for the nostalgia.

2 hours ago, ARx182 said:

I sold my Xbox 360 for £30 with a couple of games last year, but I now think that I should have kept it a while longer. In terms of buying consoles, I would love to buy a PS2 or PSP just for the nostalgia.

I'm looking to buy a snowboard for the same reason. I'm in a damn wheelchair now, but was a pro-am snowboarder when I was a kid.

I not only buy but I sell using WeBuy, which is also known as CeX. Their prices are reasonable and fair for exchanging goods and services. Most of their consoles are second hand but nonetheless, they're in great condition. 

Edited by Alexander.

6 hours ago, Alexander. said:

I not only buy but I sell using WeBuy, which is also known as CeX. Their prices are reasonable and fair for exchanging goods and services. Most of their consoles are second hand but nonetheless, they're in great condition. 

I can vouch for CeX. The concept is dubious but their second hand products are in great condition. I bought a second hand Nintendo DS for my younger brother a while ago and it was in excellent condition.

Edited by ARx182

On 6/23/2020 at 12:28 PM, ARx182 said:

I can vouch for CeX. The concept is dubious but their second hand products are in great condition. I bought a second hand Nintendo DS for my younger brother a while ago and it was in excellent condition.

I completely agree. You could probably get more money from selling your old gaming equipment on eBay or Gumtree however if you choose CeX, your paying for the convenience and a guaranteed trade. It's a shame they closed during the Lockdown. 

Custom upgrades and paint jobs usually help. Do it. My friend did that and that was a godsend for him. I don't got much advice other than encouragement but one piece of advice I should give is to rip your game discs onto a hard drive. That should be way easier than pirating like 50 games from the internet

On 12/8/2020 at 6:15 AM, skyfire said:

That point is pretty strong regarding the hard disk porting of some of the old games. As for the piracy I guess that is inevitable in near future for the old console. 

You'd be better off getting emulator as they can play the games you love at acceptable settings without crashing or some anti-piracy measure the original game director created activating.