Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is framerate important to you?

Ideally, I do prefer 60 FPS compared to 30 FPS. That said, for more cinematic games like The Last Of Us or Uncharted, it's not a big deal as I believe movies are rendered in 24 FPS, thus it makes the game more filmic aesthetically. Fast-paced shooters like COD, however, are very much reliant on that super smooth 60 FPS, though. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

I don't even look at the framerate and go with what I have in the default. I think that's good enough for me. I don't try to pick framerate than the one default added. 

That's me as well. I don't usually even know what framerate I'm playing at. I suppose this is because I'm not playing games like COD like @DylanC mentioned, where it'd be more important.

I think if you are playing with some high config game cards and the overall display graphics is good then it can be worth going with the framerate I'd assume. But other than that I think framerate doesn't matter. 

it does matter a lot. 30fps and 60fps are like day and night, and 60fps compared to 160fps are on an entirely different level as well. Though, 60 is what you hope to have on the newest releases, for smooth, seamless, and easy-on-the-eye experience. 

Like, try playing one of these upcoming sci-fi shooters with 20-30 FPS and launch it on something that's capable to dish out 55-60, then report me with the results - FPS matters :s

Thank you, and have a lovely day! ❤️ 

On 6/2/2019 at 10:17 PM, skyfire said:

I think if you are playing with some high config game cards and the overall display graphics is good then it can be worth going with the framerate I'd assume. But other than that I think framerate doesn't matter. 

Good point. If the technology one has is already a limiting factor, it isn't going to matter. 

As long as it is playable and flows smoothly without any stuttering, then I don't care about the framerate. It's one of those things I feel is overtly prioritized when 60 fps is all that is required for almost every game currently.

On 6/22/2019 at 11:49 PM, skyfire said:

I think there would be different chrome browser for stadia I guess. Because standard browser with extensions would crash considering frame rate and the amount of RAM chrome can eat. 

I'm not sure it will even come with the chrome browser installed - the stadia application will probably have its own search engine/ browsing platform integrated.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:50 AM, AnaSuper91 said:

it does matter a lot. 30fps and 60fps are like day and night, and 60fps compared to 160fps are on an entirely different level as well. Though, 60 is what you hope to have on the newest releases, for smooth, seamless, and easy-on-the-eye experience. 

Like, try playing one of these upcoming sci-fi shooters with 20-30 FPS and launch it on something that's capable to dish out 55-60, then report me with the results - FPS matters :s

Thank you, and have a lovely day! ❤️ 

I would personally say that framerate is only really important in competitive games. In single player games it doesn't really matter as much as you can probably compensate for the low framerate somehow. But in competitive gaming you need the game to feed you information as fast as possible.