Register Now
skyfire

Do you stream or record gaming?

I am on PC and I record the gameplay videos. I don't have enough bandwidth for the regular streaming and considering I have limited internet, I try to avoid watching too many online streams too. Coming to you, do you stream and how much bandwidth you have for the streaming?

I want to get into streaming but the only things currently stopping me are building a new gaming desktop and allocating time to do it. I'd probably start doing some GTA 5 RP because it is a huge community as well as a Skyrim SE modded playthrough.

I am going to monetize my videos. But have no clue how to get there. I have to find out some of the good games that are on android and build myself out there for the demand. So far it seems like streaming is a bit hard. 

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am going to monetize my videos. But have no clue how to get there. I have to find out some of the good games that are on android and build myself out there for the demand. So far it seems like streaming is a bit hard. 

Takes a lot of hours and dedication. Also, your content has to have some kind of uniqueness to it. Otherwise, you'll be like the thousands of streamers who won't be able to make a living off it.

I don't use the microphone though, because the reason being that would unnecessary adds the voice which I don't want for some streams. But yeah it works good though to have stream and people get to watch your content. 

On 6/17/2019 at 10:08 PM, skyfire said:

I don't use the microphone though, because the reason being that would unnecessary adds the voice which I don't want for some streams. But yeah it works good though to have stream and people get to watch your content. 

Microphones do help you to engage with your viewers during a stream and most viewers don't like a silent streamer.

On 7/4/2019 at 1:18 AM, killamch89 said:

Microphones do help you to engage with your viewers during a stream and most viewers don't like a silent streamer.

I have yet to get into my face and commentary style streaming. I mostly do it with the gaming viewed as is instead of the commentary. I have to try out my voice some times. 

43 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I have yet to get into my face and commentary style streaming. I mostly do it with the gaming viewed as is instead of the commentary. I have to try out my voice some times. 

Showing your face isn't a big requirement per say but the audience may want to hear your voice.

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I remember google forcing few creators to show face because otherwise all videos will have same gameplay and no commentary and face. So I think top creators are being told about this. 

I never knew about this but maybe that is why most of the creators do have a webcam to show their face during streaming but some still do it without the camera and their videos still get a lot of views.