Register Now
StaceyPowers

Lines from video games you say constantly IRL

Are there any video game dialogue lines that you’ve heard so many times you say them habitually IRL?

For me, there’s this line that your character says constantly in Dragon Age: Origins if you pick the “aggressive” voice: “Let me get you a ladder so you can get off my back!” I find myself saying that at the slightest excuse day in and day out.

“We will crush them! We will root them out!” - Tim Curry, Command & Conquer: Red Alert (I always say this when I wanna get competitivie in games, skateboarding, or pretty much anything, lol.)

Edited by DylanC

8 hours ago, DylanC said:

“We will crush them! We will root them out!” - Tim Curry, Command & Conquer: Red Alert (I always say this when I wanna get competitivie in games, skateboarding, or pretty much anything, lol.)

Hahah good one

just thought of another one i sometimes do. when i finish a task i announce "work complete" like the peons did in the original Warcraft game

On 6/7/2019 at 7:48 PM, killamch89 said:

I remembered this one line and I think it was from Bioshock(I have never really played the game before but this line struck me) - "A man chooses; A slave obeys".

That one sticks with me too. I was actually looking at a ring on Etsy the other day with that inscribed on it which I really want =D

On 6/10/2019 at 12:03 PM, StaceyPowers said:

It says silver and gold. It's $30-something with the discount the seller said they'd give me. I plan to buy it for myself as a reward for getting some work-related tasks completed.

DId you get it yet?

This is a fun thread!  I think for me, the only thing I say from a video game constantly is "Hadoken!"  I'll randomly say this for both on context and out of context real life interactions.  I'll also occasionally say, "I'm sorry, I took an arrow to the knee" when I can't do something.

16 hours ago, Cmdr Data said:

This is a fun thread!  I think for me, the only thing I say from a video game constantly is "Hadoken!"  I'll randomly say this for both on context and out of context real life interactions.  I'll also occasionally say, "I'm sorry, I took an arrow to the knee" when I can't do something.

Hadoken is a classic one as well. I also use "Get Over Here!" by Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.