Register Now
Demon_skeith

Amazon no longer offering Twenty Percent off Pre-Orders

6 hours ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

Eh, depends on how much you personally value things.
To me, that really just tells me that the true RRP (regardless of capitalist consensus) is highly likely much less than $48 but they've decided they can probably get away with $48-$60 rendering them winners by a crazy large margin in the long run.

I used to work for a major retailer, here and was privy to many of the inner workings of these things. Some things that look like great deals to people with no scope on the numbers...Well, let's just say those same people would probably be shocked on the mark up and movement of the product.

I guess Amazon buy it in such huge bulk, they get a significant discount and pass some of it onto the consumer. Everyone’s different, but for me, that’s a decent discount as I would’ve saved a few quid. I do occasionally buy game new at launch or pre-order games I really, really want (last game I bought at launch was God Of War on PS4, I think).

I love to use Amazon for pre-orders now as well so it's annoying that they did this. Although, I'm not sure we were ever eligible for this in the first place (UK Amazon customers). I remember talking to the chat support about this and they did say they removed it. I guess they know that people will pre-order from them no matter what so to save some money, they probably decided to remove it.

1 hour ago, DarthHazard said:

I love to use Amazon for pre-orders now as well so it's annoying that they did this. Although, I'm not sure we were ever eligible for this in the first place (UK Amazon customers). I remember talking to the chat support about this and they did say they removed it. I guess they know that people will pre-order from them no matter what so to save some money, they probably decided to remove it.

But they will end up with way fewer pre-orders because there is no real benefit from pre-ordering anymore.

True. I still think that at this point, people will still pre-order games especially from their favourite developers. For example, I will always pre-order a Rockstar game. But maybe in a few years, it will be different. Developers are slowly becoming worse, Rockstar included in that. The push for micro-transactions are awful. But what's worse for me is that some developers think that putting out an unfinished game is perfectly fine. Fallout 76 is a good example of this, I'm sure people won't be pre-ordering that franchise as much anymore.

1 hour ago, DarthHazard said:

True. I still think that at this point, people will still pre-order games especially from their favourite developers. For example, I will always pre-order a Rockstar game. But maybe in a few years, it will be different. Developers are slowly becoming worse, Rockstar included in that. The push for micro-transactions are awful. But what's worse for me is that some developers think that putting out an unfinished game is perfectly fine. Fallout 76 is a good example of this, I'm sure people won't be pre-ordering that franchise as much anymore.

Bethesda always releases unfinished games and expect their modding community to finish it while treating those same modders like criminals. Rockstar to their credit, makes excellent games and though I hate what they did with GTA V online, I hope they don't do the same thing with the next GTA title or Red Dead Redemption Online.