Register Now
kingpotato

StarCraft FPS canceled

I heard that this Starcraft FPS game had been in development for close to 15 years (not sure if it's a joke or not...). I just know that Blizzard is going to butcher both games with microtransactions so I am definitely not looking forward to them.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, killamch89 said:

I heard that this Starcraft FPS game had been in development for close to 15 years (not sure if it's a joke or not...). I just know that Blizzard is going to butcher both games with microtransactions so I am definitely not looking forward to them.

Damn I hope it was a joke, anyways its not like anything was expected from the game, maybe it was just going to be some generic FPS.

7 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Damn I hope it was a joke, anyways its not like anything was expected from the game, maybe it was just going to be some generic FPS.

Haven't found anything substantial about that claim so I'm going to say it's fake but I think it was for the best that game wasn't released because it wouldn't be any different from most FPS games as you said.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Haven't found anything substantial about that claim so I'm going to say it's fake but I think it was for the best that game wasn't released because it wouldn't be any different from most FPS games as you said.

They probably expected low sales and not worth the time.

11 hours ago, kingpotato said:

They probably expected low sales and not worth the time.

They probably knew it wouldn't rival the success of Activision's Call Of Duty and on top of that, StarCraft games usually fall under the RTS genre and most of those players wouldn't be interested in it either.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They probably knew it wouldn't rival the success of Activision's Call Of Duty and on top of that, StarCraft games usually fall under the RTS genre and most of those players wouldn't be interested in it either.

True I dont think any FPS casual player will even know what Starcraft is about even less the lore of the game, shit even I dont know much about it I have only played it a couple of times

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

True I dont think any FPS casual player will even know what Starcraft is about even less the lore of the game, shit even I dont know much about it I have only played it a couple of times

I know of it but I've never really been interested in RTS games except maybe Command and Conquer or Age Of The Empires. One of my friends love playing it and it probably is a somewhat fun game but it's not for me.