Register Now
StaceyPowers

Tips for hunting challenge in RDR?

So, I’m struggling with a hunting challenge in RDR. I thought it’d be really easy, and I have been having zero luck with it.

It’s the one where you’re supposed to kill two animals from two different species in one Dead Eye use.

I am having an impossible time finding two animals from two different species in close enough proximity to one another. I’m in the area south of Bonnie’s ranch where there are lots of deer, coyotes and birds, and still have barely even encountered any candidate shots.

Anyone have any advice on this? I almost feel like I’m missing something obvious/doing something wrong.

I tried to do those challenges and to be honest its quite difficult to find two of the same in the same area if its not coyotes or birds, panthers or wild cats are very hard to find on purpose for some reason xD and there is no area for them they can shop up at almost any area.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:29 PM, kingpotato said:

I tried to do those challenges and to be honest its quite difficult to find two of the same in the same area if its not coyotes or birds, panthers or wild cats are very hard to find on purpose for some reason xD and there is no area for them they can shop up at almost any area.

I keep thinking my best bet is to stand around next to a snake, since they stay in one place a long time, and wait for a bird to land next to it or something, lol. I tried putting bait down next to the snake a couple times, and it was a disaster each time as I was overrun by boar or cougars. I really am at a loss with this one.

11 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I keep thinking my best bet is to stand around next to a snake, since they stay in one place a long time, and wait for a bird to land next to it or something, lol. I tried putting bait down next to the snake a couple times, and it was a disaster each time as I was overrun by boar or cougars. I really am at a loss with this one.

yeah its very difficult, I did tried to do these challenges on the Undead nightmare DLC because you can hunt the Chupacabras