Register Now
Aerielle del Rosario

Games that were inspired by a true story

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

That does sound interesting, as does the description of the game now that I've Googled it.

It has some great ideas and fascinating imagery but the gameplay lets it down. Definitely worth a look, as it’s an interesting curio, but maybe pick it up in a sale.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:46 AM, DylanC said:

I played a game a while back called Papa and Yo, and that was based on the developer's experience with an alcoholic father. Very emotional and interesting angle for a video game.

To be honest, I always wondered what that game was about because it was mainly platforming/parkour - I had tried it back in the day but grew bored of it quickly. What you just said made me view the game in a new light.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:46 AM, DylanC said:

I played a game a while back called Papa and Yo, and that was based on the developer's experience with an alcoholic father. Very emotional and interesting angle for a video game.

This looks like the kind of game I can relate to all too well. My sperm donor was an extremely abusive drunk, to the point that I started sleeping with a loaded rifle when I was 12.

The game is in my wishlist on Steam now.

Edited by The Blackangel

18 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

This looks like the kind of game I can relate to all too well. My sperm donor was an extremely abusive drunk, to the point that I started sleeping with a loaded rifle when I was 12.

The game is in my wishlist on Steam now.

Sorry to hear about your experience, mate. Hope everything’s cool now. 

Um, not sure about Steam tbh. I played it on PS3 back in the day. Very interesting game with a strong theme.

Edited by DylanC

On 4/23/2021 at 12:14 PM, DylanC said:

Sorry to hear about your experience, mate. Hope everything’s cool now.

It is. The bastard died in 2000. It still surprises me how much tension left my body, and how much weight was lifted off my shoulders realizing that I no longer had to worry about how bad the next beating I was going to get would be. I could put that rifle back on the gun rack, and have my bed to myself. Him dying was one of that absolute best things that ever happened in my life. And I can count the good things on one hand and still have fingers left over.

Edited by The Blackangel

Only one game that comes to my minde that I have palyed and also no idea if it has been mnetion here or not that's L.A. Noire 😉 It's hands down an awesome video game, there's no denying that. However this feels more like a port than a remaster. The game looks pretty much identical to when it first launched. Sure it runs in higher resolution at a better frame rate but visually nothing else has changed. If you haven't played it then its a must buy but if you have then please don't waste your money on what is.