Register Now
Kaynil

Shenmue 3 being an EPIC exclusive game.

So, apparently, Shenmue 3 is releasing in November of this year. Which is pretty exciting for fans that enjoyed the original two games in the Dreamcast, or enjoyed the recent posts. I know there's a collection of the two past games on the PS4, so it is pretty neat the third game will also be available in the PS4.

On the PC version, it seems things are not going so smoothly. The game has come to fruition in part because of a Kickstarter in which there was a survey asking where they would rather their copy to release on the PS4 or steam with a confirmation on their emails. Apparently on the emails where they detailed the requirements to run the game the included the Steam launcher. So the recent announcement where it has been confirmed that for the PC Shenmue 3 will be exclusive at launch for Epic game store did not sit well for many backers. Some of them are asking for either Steam Key on day 1 or their money back.

This is their kickstarter statement:

PC Version Epic Games Store Exclusive!

We are happy to announce that Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option.  

Anyway, what do you guys think of the game and the whole Epic Games Store situation?

I remember Shenmue for the Dreamcast and I did like the first 2 games but the concept is pretty dated. I also know this isn't from a triple-A gaming company but the graphics are pretty average and to top it all off, the lip synching is pretty awful although it would fall in line with most Kung-Fu movies...

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I remember Shenmue for the Dreamcast and I did like the first 2 games but the concept is pretty dated. I also know this isn't from a triple-A gaming company but the graphics are pretty average and to top it all off, the lip synching is pretty awful although it would fall in line with most Kung-Fu movies...

Lets not forget that the game is now an Epic exclusive and there are not going to be any refunds for those who pre-ordered the game on Steam. The game was also crowdfunded. 

16 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Lets not forget that the game is now an Epic exclusive and there are not going to be any refunds for those who pre-ordered the game on Steam. The game was also crowdfunded. 

This game is going to tank hard, I can already tell. It wasn't even massively popular back then on the Sega Dreamcast so it won't have many hardcore fans to begin with.