Register Now
Kaynil

Share Play

Do you guys actually do parties and use functions like Share Play?

I tried it a little with a friend and it has come in handy. the only downside, although I figure is by design, is that it creates copies in the menu to start the games you see someone else share with you, regardless if you own them already or not. if you don't own them they'd have a lock.

If you guys use share play, what kind of games do you usually use it with?

In share, it is also possible to pass the controller, as a host , have you let a guest get the controller?

I used it a few times when it launched and was really impressed with it. Haven’t used it for a long while, but I take comfort in the fact that it’s a useful feature that I can use any time on PS4. It works very well.

Oh, and yes, you can pass the controller to the other person in the party and let them take over IIRC.

Edited by DylanC

I use SharePlay to play games that only one of me or my friends have. It's a great feature if you have a good internet connection. If not, it's not worth trying. When my PS4 was based upstairs (further away from the router), SharePlay was dreadful. That's an issue my broadband rather than the feature though.

On 6/11/2019 at 5:15 AM, Kaynil said:

Do you guys actually do parties and use functions like Share Play?

I tried it a little with a friend and it has come in handy. the only downside, although I figure is by design, is that it creates copies in the menu to start the games you see someone else share with you, regardless if you own them already or not. if you don't own them they'd have a lock.

If you guys use share play, what kind of games do you usually use it with?

In share, it is also possible to pass the controller, as a host , have you let a guest get the controller?

i did not know about passing the controler thats fuckin dope though. i gotta try that one soon lol . i usually do nioh if im doin share play or u can actually us share play to have people watch u play the game which is pretty dang fun really thats probably what got me into streaming lol. also im pretty sure the screen shots and clips on the ps4 shareplay is all considered share play cause when i send any clips or screen shotts to my twitter it always says credit with share play or something along those lines

but you the clips and and screen shots is pretty much the majority of my shareplaying.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:57 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I never used it, far as I know no one watches me play and I don't have time to make sure others can since I rather just get in and start gaming without distraction.

Yeah, some people are simply just like that when it comes to how they prefer to play with no distraction for any reason whatsoever. 

On 4/14/2020 at 7:20 AM, skyfire said:

I think pass the controller kind of sharedplay is fun. Especially if you are playing something like Mortal kombat type games. 

I would definitely pass the controller when I'm getting my ass kicked, let another take the blame for losing 😂

If the difference between single-player and online games is as marked as the original comment says, it seems more likely to me that Share Play is saturating the host's connnection so that online gameplay becomes laggy. (Which should be fixable by prioritizing gameplay traffic over Share Play video quality.)

On 7/21/2020 at 6:57 AM, Rebel-scum8298 said:

i did not know about passing the controler thats fuckin dope though. i gotta try that one soon lol . i usually do nioh if im doin share play or u can actually us share play to have people watch u play the game which is pretty dang fun really thats probably what got me into streaming lol. also im pretty sure the screen shots and clips on the ps4 shareplay is all considered share play cause when i send any clips or screen shotts to my twitter it always says credit with share play or something along those lines

but you the clips and and screen shots is pretty much the majority of my shareplaying.

More like sharing your gaming experience with the fan base on the social media networks (Twitter, Instagram etc). I actually never thought about it in that way. 

I don't think I've ever tried it. The majority of the multiplayer games that my friends and I play, I or them already own so it's not something we've had to try. The concept is pretty cool though and I'm glad Sony decided to have it for PS consoles.

4 minutes ago, Darth said:

I don't think I've ever tried it. The majority of the multiplayer games that my friends and I play, I or them already own so it's not something we've had to try. The concept is pretty cool though and I'm glad Sony decided to have it for PS consoles.

Yeah - it's actually a good innovative way in trying to make gaming sessions offer more lasting experience for those who got into.