Register Now
kingpotato

Marvel's Avengers the game

The character models look pretty bland but the dev - Crystal Dynamics - have a good track record. They developed the Tomb Raider games and a few other classics. I’m not huge into superhero stuff, but hopefully it delivers for the fans of the genre.

Edited by DylanC

11 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah it has that vibe, I dont know, hopefully not.

After re-watching the E3 promotional video as well the devs interview, I definitely feel as this going to be a shit game - the characters aren't even designed correctly.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

After re-watching the E3 promotional video as well the devs interview, I definitely feel as this going to be a shit game - the characters aren't even designed correctly.

I think that was a purpose xD due to copyrights they couldnt look like the movie characters but at the same time they had to look like them a little bit to take advantage of the popularity.

Anyway yeah it kinda feels like a shit game but who knows.

57 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I think that was a purpose xD due to copyrights they couldnt look like the movie characters but at the same time they had to look like them a little bit to take advantage of the popularity.

Anyway yeah it kinda feels like a shit game but who knows.

Actually, they have a license from Marvel so they would have permission to use the original character's models but for whatever reason they didn't.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, they have a license from Marvel so they would have permission to use the original character's models but for whatever reason they didn't.

Really? I heard otherwise from an interview from Square enix, I mean yes they can use the marvel characters, but as to basing the models and personalities from the Movie universe itself they where not allowed to do so. Oh well I could be wrong

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Really? I heard otherwise from an interview from Square enix, I mean yes they can use the marvel characters, but as to basing the models and personalities from the Movie universe itself they where not allowed to do so. Oh well I could be wrong

They needed permission from Marvel to use their characters - There has to be a license in place for that.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:30 AM, killamch89 said:

They needed permission from Marvel to use their characters - There has to be a license in place for that.

Yes permission to use the characters from the Marvel, but the permissions to use the actors faces from the MCU movies require other type of permissions thats what I was referring to and thats what I understood from the Square enix interview.

18 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yes permission to use the characters from the Marvel, but the permissions to use the actors faces from the MCU movies require other type of permissions thats what I was referring to and thats what I understood from the Square enix interview.

You're right - but I just hope they don't use it as an excuse to create a half-assed game with the Avengers name slapped on it for promotion.

16 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I'm afraid that nightmare already happen xD

Yeah, I figured as much - I was just hoping Square Enix would read this and go like "We'll delay the game indefinitely." just to save us the agony of playing it.