Register Now
kingpotato

Marvel's Avengers the game

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, I figured as much - I was just hoping Square Enix would read this and go like "We'll delay the game indefinitely." just to save us the agony of playing it.

I was actually surprised when they announced it on E3, I though it was just one of those games that got canceled during development. 

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I was actually surprised when they announced it on E3, I though it was just one of those games that got canceled during development. 

It has flop written all over it and to top it all off, Square Enix doesn't have that much experience in making superhero games - Their niche is RPGs and even the preview trailer's gameplay looked pretty lackluster.

Here is something we havent talked about. The protagonist of The Avengers "game" are NOT the Avengers, it will be Mrs Marvel the girl that makes her hands big.... from all the hundreds of characters from the Marvel Universe and even the ones on the actual title of the game they choose this girl.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Here is something we havent talked about. The protagonist of The Avengers "game" are NOT the Avengers, it will be Mrs Marvel the girl that makes her hands big.... from all the hundreds of characters from the Marvel Universe and even the ones on the actual title of the game they choose this girl.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Kind of like bad comics adaption as it can get. 

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

yep pretty much, now the game only has the story and the gameplay to redeem itself. It better be good because otherwise this is looking like its going to crash.

The gameplay leaks that I've seen in recent months is actually pretty decent but I don't know anything about the story at all. I hope it isn't some alternate universe bs because we have plenty of those as it is.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The gameplay leaks that I've seen in recent months is actually pretty decent but I don't know anything about the story at all. I hope it isn't some alternate universe bs because we have plenty of those as it is.

Yeah Thor and Iron man looked very cool and thats what I want, to be able to play as the avengers during the whole game, not on a few sections of the story mode.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah Thor and Iron man looked very cool and thats what I want, to be able to play as the avengers during the whole game, not on a few sections of the story mode.

I agree totally and based on the history of most superhero video games, it wouldn't surprise me if you can only play as the avengers during selected missions only because game studios always manage to screw up these types of games.

15 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I agree totally and based on the history of most superhero video games, it wouldn't surprise me if you can only play as the avengers during selected missions only because game studios always manage to screw up these types of games.

The sad part is that the main protagonist is not an avenger and its character that I barely know anything about it and I'm pretty sure that a lot of other people dont know anything about this girl either. And honestly her powers are kinda lame, I mean if they wanted a teenage Marvel girl as a protagonist why not a better known character like Gwen Stacy to open the window for the multiverse ?

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

The sad part is that the main protagonist is not an avenger and its character that I barely know anything about it and I'm pretty sure that a lot of other people dont know anything about this girl either. And honestly her powers are kinda lame, I mean if they wanted a teenage Marvel girl as a protagonist why not a better known character like Gwen Stacy to open the window for the multiverse ?

Seriously good points though - I mean, I don't know anything about Captain Marvel (didn't watch the crap movie nor have I bothered to read the comics) and there are far more interesting Marvel characters I'd rather see.