Register Now
The Blackangel

Rumor, Fact, or Partial Fact?

I don't know if this is just a pure bullshit rumor I've been hearing, or if there's any truth to it. But I've been hearing lately that there are some Xbox games that can be played on a PC. Supposedly since they're both made by Microsoft, the systems are capable of reading them just the same. I've never heard of a game being able to be swapped between a console and PC like that, but I wanted to get it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, and find out what's up with that. I'm on the side of calling bullshit, but if it's true that I can pop an Xbox disc into my PC and play the game, then that would be something that would blow my mind.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't know if this is just a pure bullshit rumor I've been hearing, or if there's any truth to it. But I've been hearing lately that there are some Xbox games that can be played on a PC. Supposedly since they're both made by Microsoft, the systems are capable of reading them just the same. I've never heard of a game being able to be swapped between a console and PC like that, but I wanted to get it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, and find out what's up with that. I'm on the side of calling bullshit, but if it's true that I can pop an Xbox disc into my PC and play the game, then that would be something that would blow my mind.

Well yes you can play Xbox games on your PC but thats digital games only, not the actual disc.

I think a lot of Xbox based games can be played on PC. Though the download media and the DLC would be different obviously. Considering PC and XBOX manufacturer being Microsoft, obviously they may have support for both platform. 

I think @The Blackangel is referring to the Microsoft Xbox game pass which allows you to play Xbox games on the PC. It is a subscription service that I intend to get sometime in the near future because I miss some of the classic Fable games. Now, if only Sony could do something similar so that I can play some of those exclusives...🤣

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think @The Blackangel is referring to the Microsoft Xbox game pass which allows you to play Xbox games on the PC. It is a subscription service that I intend to get sometime in the near future because I miss some of the classic Fable games. Now, if only Sony could do something similar so that I can play some of those exclusives...🤣

Actually I was talking about taking an Xbox disc, putting it in your CD drive and playing it on your PC. Those were the rumors I have been hearing. I would have blown it off as nonsense immediately but people have been going on and on about it since they're both made by Microsoft.

I think same XBOX CD or DVD game may not run in the PC, unless ofcourse microsoft explicitly mentions it being DUAL installer. Considering XBOX runs on Windows kernel too, so if they make dual installer it may work. But they have to explicitly do it for the game. 

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Actually I was talking about taking an Xbox disc, putting it in your CD drive and playing it on your PC. Those were the rumors I have been hearing. I would have blown it off as nonsense immediately but people have been going on and on about it since they're both made by Microsoft.

I'm not sure about Xbox disc games actually working on PC as it was never really stated.

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

The game developers who use the game development on Windows make use of the Unity and .NET. And the code base only changes on the deployment side. For both xbox and PC side. 

So the disc do work then? I'm aware they are made off of similar architectures but can you run the disc?