Register Now
StaceyPowers

Which games give you the Tetris effect?

What video games give you the Tetris effect?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect if you do not know what I am talking about. Like when you are falling asleep at night, and you see or feel images/hallucinations of the thing you were doing while you were awake. Real-life experiences which produce it for me include things like rollercoasters or going on long drives or boat rides.

Sometimes I get it from video games like Skyrim if I do a lot of walking, and occasionally I get it from repetitive and long boss fights (the latter is just annoying). I also get it from the train ride in RDR (which is kind of relaxing and pleasant). I notice it is most common when a game experience is fresh and new, but after I've done it a lot, the Tetris effect (ironically) reduces. 

What about you? Do you experience this?

As a fan of Tetris, I have heard that the Tetris effect existed but I thought it was mainly gamer slang. When I used to play GTA vice city back in the days for extended hours, I had dreams of driving a boat along the shore of the beach and stuff like that.

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

It did happened to me with Skyrim, GTA V, a couple of times as well with Halo 3 and Gears 3 from back in the day when I used to play all night online, I remember that at one point I dodged a grenade in my sleep and almost fell down from my bed 🤣 (I did dodged it though )

Rofl. At least you dodged that nonexistent grenade successfully. 

I remember a particularly annoying Tetris effect hallucination while I was struggling to fall asleep one night where I could see the Skyrim quest marker in the distance, but I couldn't fall asleep until I reached it. But I couldn't get to it. It just kept moving away. 

10 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Rofl. At least you dodged that nonexistent grenade successfully. 

I remember a particularly annoying Tetris effect hallucination while I was struggling to fall asleep one night where I could see the Skyrim quest marker in the distance, but I couldn't fall asleep until I reached it. But I couldn't get to it. It just kept moving away. 

Yeah those kinds of dreams can be annoying or super weird, I did not know that they where called the tetris effect.

17 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Sorry dude my english is terrible, could you please rephrase that question?

You said you were rolling to dodge a greande in your dreams - I was asking if you managed to shoot back at whoever threw the grenade 🤣🤣