Register Now
StaceyPowers

Oldest console you own?

When I was a kid, we had an original NES in our house, which my parents kept clear through my college years (I assume they still have it). The oldest console I have is a PS3, which is also the newest console I have.

I talked to my neighbour the other day who mentioned that she has a PS2 and an older system—it’s slipped my mind what it was—which she keeps just to play one game. Anyway, it got me wondering how many other people keep all their old working consoles around.
What’s the oldest console you own?

I have a Super NES hooked up to the tv in my living room.  It actually belongs to me and both of my brothers.  We pulled our money together one year shortly after Christmas and bought ourselves a Super NES as kind of a late Christmas present for ourselves.  But my younger brother contact my older brother and I about if we wanted to keep it or sell it and split the money.  I told him I would like to keep it if no one else wanted it.  So I have it so that we could keep it in the family.

The oldest one I had was the SEGA Console. I was in school those days, and I remember I was very attached playing game on it. 

After coming back from school, I used to play games with my cousins. That were good old days. I still have that stored in my storeroom, though it doesn't work anymore. 😆

The PlayStation 4 actually 😂. I had a PlayStation 1 but we gave that away a long time ago. And then the oldest one I had was the Xbox 360 but we ended up selling that when the PlayStation 4 came out. The PS4 might get sold at some point as well.

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

The oldest one I had was the SEGA Console. I was in school those days, and I remember I was very attached playing game on it. 

After coming back from school, I used to play games with my cousins. That were good old days. I still have that stored in my storeroom, though it doesn't work anymore. 😆

Yeah - I really had a great time playing with my SEGA. It's a big part of my childhood growing up which I why I dot on it a bit more. 

25 minutes ago, Darth said:

The PlayStation 4 actually 😂. I had a PlayStation 1 but we gave that away a long time ago. And then the oldest one I had was the Xbox 360 but we ended up selling that when the PlayStation 4 came out. The PS4 might get sold at some point as well.

Playstation 4 is my current console 😂. Hopefully, I would be upgrading to Playstation 5 sooner or later. It's been on my budget for a while now and I hope it get crossed out soon. 

On 9/9/2021 at 11:10 PM, Heatman said:

Playstation 4 is my current console 😂. Hopefully, I would be upgrading to Playstation 5 sooner or later. It's been on my budget for a while now and I hope it get crossed out soon. 

I too have PlayStation 4. Earlier I had PlayStation 1 and 2, Never had 3 though. All of them are deeply connected to my childhood emotions. I always remember playing and enjoying games on those consoles. The first one I had was Sega console, but after that all these had become my part of life. 😊

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I too have PlayStation 4. Earlier I had PlayStation 1 and 2, Never had 3 though. All of them are deeply connected to my childhood emotions. I always remember playing and enjoying games on those consoles. The first one I had was Sega console, but after that all these had become my part of life. 😊

Yeah - I actually played my Playstation 1 and 2 more than I played my Playstation 3 because it was taken twice. It's the only console that I purchased twice and it was taken twice. 

I have four PlayStations.  I have a PS1 that dates back to September '97 in terms of build date, but I got it as an early Christmas present that year.  I've got a PS2 that I've had for about 20 years now and it still works.  I have a PS3 that I just got working again after 6 years of it being messed up and I've got the PS3 that replaced the one I thought was broken for good, so now I have four PlayStations that work.

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - I actually played my Playstation 1 and 2 more than I played my Playstation 3 because it was taken twice. It's the only console that I purchased twice and it was taken twice. 

I think most of the people have played most of their games on PS2. I played on it almost 8 years, you too had played mostly on it. Even @Family sedan Also mentioned playing on it for more than 20 Years. 😊