Register Now
StaceyPowers

Oldest console you own?

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

I think most of the people have played most of their games on PS2. I played on it almost 8 years, you too had played mostly on it. Even @Family sedan Also mentioned playing on it for more than 20 Years. 😊

For the fact that it's a Playstation console with an incredible games available on it to play makes it one of the most used PS console. 

29 minutes ago, Heatman said:

For the fact that it's a Playstation console with an incredible games available on it to play makes it one of the most used PS console. 

The main reason might be the less popularity and availability of PS3. When I purchased PS2, there were already vast no. Of games available on the market. Whereas PS3 was still new in the market, so people decided to stick with their PS2 and play all the old stuffs first.

3 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

The main reason might be the less popularity and availability of PS3. When I purchased PS2, there were already vast no. Of games available on the market. Whereas PS3 was still new in the market, so people decided to stick with their PS2 and play all the old stuffs first.

I don't really know if it's lack of popularity case with Playstation 3 because I'm sure they had marketing campaigns on it before its release. 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I don't really know if it's lack of popularity case with Playstation 3 because I'm sure they had marketing campaigns on it before its release. 

But I am sure when it was released in US market, it was almost 2 years later when it was officially available in our country. That was a reason why I too never have gone to purchase it. 😊

Edited by Razor1911

Just now, Razor1911 said:

But I am sure when it was released in US market, it was almost 2 years later when it was officially available in our country. That was a reason why I too never have gone to purchase it. 😊

Well - it may be the case for most people who can't afford to buy and have the console shipped to them anywhere they are in the world. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Well - it may be the case for most people who can't afford to buy and have the console shipped to them anywhere they are in the world. 

The shipping cost would have increased the priced by X2 times. So never thought of this way. 

When it was available in our market locally, at that time the games were already available on PS2. So I thought, it's better to play and complete on my PS2. I already had PC, so never had any problem playing most of the lastest launched games at that time. 

Just now, Razor1911 said:

The shipping cost would have increased the priced by X2 times. So never thought of this way. 

When it was available in our market locally, at that time the games were already available on PS2. So I thought, it's better to play and complete on my PS2. I already had PC, so never had any problem playing most of the lastest launched games at that time. 

Awwh - It's now that I actually understand what you had to endure till you had to get the game. I can imagine the long wait, it's definitely frustrating. 

The oldest console that I own is the Atari 2600, though I have a Pong clone console from '72, but I don't count that as a full-fledged console because it was a single-purpose gaming system, rather than what we typically consider a games console, with swappable media.

I never thought of myself as a collector, so I never gave a second though to game preservation either. As such I always sold my earlier gen consoles without a second thought after I purchased the next one. I used to have a few C64s, but I think they were discarded a few years ago thinking we can play games on emulators if we want. Which is true, but still there is something about owning the physical device, so I regret getting rid of them now.

Edited by m76

1 hour ago, m76 said:

I never thought of myself as a collector, so I never gave a second though to game preservation either. As such I always sold my earlier gen consoles without a second thought after I purchased the next one. I used to have a few C64s, but I think they were discarded a few years ago thinking we can play games on emulators if we want. Which is true, but still there is something about owning the physical device, so I regret getting rid of them now.

As much as I know very well that it's possible for me to make a few bucks from selling any of my old consoles, my connection with them wouldn't let me do that easily. I rather dash it out to a close friend or family member. 

1 hour ago, m76 said:

I usually sell my games too after completion. There is a local shop available, which accept all such used stuffs. They pay around 40% of the original price. It's not a bad deal at all after knowing that such games are of no use for me. 😊

31 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I usually sell my games too after completion. There is a local shop available, which accept all such used stuffs. They pay around 40% of the original price. It's not a bad deal at all after knowing that such games are of no use for me. 😊

If I happen to be open to reselling all my games, completed ones at that, I'm definitely looking at more than $700 if my calculations is right. 

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

I keep the games while I Have the console and usually sell them as a bundle deal. I think I sold exactly one game: GTAV for the PS3, when I got the superior PC version.

32 minutes ago, m76 said:

I keep the games while I Have the console and usually sell them as a bundle deal. I think I sold exactly one game: GTAV for the PS3, when I got the superior PC version.

That's actually interesting. How much were you able to sell it for? Was online or offline sales deal?