Register Now
StaceyPowers

Oldest console you own?

On 10/2/2021 at 6:23 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Imagine how careful you are saving that console, that's tremendous indeed. The last time I played that game was when I am still a baby 13 years ago. 

Yeah - I always have it well taken care of when I was making use of it and it's why it's still functional till date. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - I always have it well taken care of when I was making use of it and it's why it's still functional till date. 

Keep it safe, it can still serve you and your children longer time, at least your wards will learn from you how to save things right. 

I've owned older consoles in the past, but in terms of consoles that I own now - my original PlayStation.

Even that had issues with getting it to work on modern TVs.. I ended up purchasing a HDMI (HD Link) cable, since using older cables was quite problematic. I think there are similar HDMI cables available for older consoles too.

Edited by Oblivion Knight

On 9/11/2021 at 4:30 AM, Family sedan said:

I have four PlayStations.  I have a PS1 that dates back to September '97 in terms of build date, but I got it as an early Christmas present that year.  I've got a PS2 that I've had for about 20 years now and it still works.  I have a PS3 that I just got working again after 6 years of it being messed up and I've got the PS3 that replaced the one I thought was broken for good, so now I have four PlayStations that work.

Between all of your Playstation consoles, which one is your favorite in terms of games that you played on it? 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Between all of your Playstation consoles, which one is your favorite in terms of games that you played on it? 

As much as I so much love my Playstation 2, when I got my Playstation 4, it took all my love away with it. I'd never easily play with PS2 now. 

On 10/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, Empire said:

Oldest is my PS2 🙂 But that does not work anymore and I just junk it away forever. Not easy to get hold of an PS anymore of that age. 

Since you've passed the era of PS2, getting rid of it. Which console are you using for video games? 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some gamers are well too attached to a particular console they played with. There is a friend of mine who still plays on his PS1 now. 

I got my niece Playstation 2 four years ago but she's still very hooked up with playing on her Gameboy. She carries it to bed. I think it's because it's small and portable. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

I got my niece Playstation 2 four years ago but she's still very hooked up with playing on her Gameboy. She carries it to bed. I think it's because it's small and portable. 

Why do you think that kids are more addicted to smartphone? It's because they know there's always games to play on them and it's why your niece still prefers her Gameboy. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Why do you think that kids are more addicted to smartphone? It's because they know there's always games to play on them and it's why your niece still prefers her Gameboy. 

That's very true. It's the very same thing that my neighbors daughter does all the time she sees me. She will be asking for my phone to play games with. She actually broke my screen one time because the phone fell.