Register Now
skyfire

Stadia Subscription

Now stadia is going to be available soon in near future. I am wondering how many people may consider buying the subscription or if they wish to play it for free. I know browser based games may or may not cut it in terms of the graphics. But let's say hypothetically if you want to buy it. Would you go for subscription?

On 2/20/2021 at 7:52 AM, Patrik said:

Google gave up on Stadia unfortunately (or luckily i guess xD), but there are other alternatives such as Geforce Now that are sort of cheap but cool

They haven't, they just closed down their internal game studio. They are still supporting 3rd party games, and there is still going to be exclusive games coming out, just from 3rd party teams. It's a big blow, but they're not done yet. 

On 2/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, skyfire said:

I knew that stadia wont last forever. And so considering they are going to wrap the project up soon. I think PS and the XBOX subscriptions are going to win the market back. 

There's been no news of Stadia ending just yet. There is a chance they could rebound somewhat, but they need to bring in lots more games. Supposedly there are 100 games coming to Stadia yet, so they're not done yet. 

As well, you're not forced to pay a subscription to use Stadia. Right now you can play any game you have purchased on the service, but only up to 1080p resolution. If you want higher graphics/visuals etc, that's where the Stadia pro subscription comes in. This allows you to play up to 4K I believe and also gets you some free games a month. 

So you just need to have the game owned, and a stable internet connection to play it in 1080p. No subscription required. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

Their first party in house game development is already dead. 

https://9to5google.com/2021/02/01/google-shuts-down-first-party-stadia-games-entertainment/

You are correct, but they're still supporting the releases of 3rd party titles. They are rumored to have 100+ games coming from 3rd party devs/studios. 

This article will explain that they're focussing on 3rd party partnerships - https://gamecrate.com/stadia-shuts-down-development-studio-focuses-3rd-party-partnerships/26528

And this article mentions the 100+ games coming to Stadia yet - https://cogconnected.com/2021/02/100-games-google-stadia-year/

So Stadia is not yet done for, they're just not producing their own games for the platform, instead, they're looking for studios to produce games for them. I wouldn't doubt Google buys up a couple studios to make it easier on themselves. 

Edited by Kane99

On 2/25/2021 at 10:31 PM, Kane99 said:

You are correct, but they're still supporting the releases of 3rd party titles. They are rumored to have 100+ games coming from 3rd party devs/studios. 

This article will explain that they're focussing on 3rd party partnerships - https://gamecrate.com/stadia-shuts-down-development-studio-focuses-3rd-party-partnerships/26528

And this article mentions the 100+ games coming to Stadia yet - https://cogconnected.com/2021/02/100-games-google-stadia-year/

So Stadia is not yet done for, they're just not producing their own games for the platform, instead, they're looking for studios to produce games for them. I wouldn't doubt Google buys up a couple studios to make it easier on themselves. 

In that case amazon's luna, stadia and then another one of the microsofts offering would kind of add bigger battle in the process. 

25 minutes ago, skyfire said:

In that case amazon's luna, stadia and then another one of the microsofts offering would kind of add bigger battle in the process. 

Amazon Luna is already feeling like a better service than Stadia lol. A friend of mine got early access into Luna and it's mostly going smooth for him. He has even streamed a bit while using Luna. But, I think streaming a service like that is probably not a good idea. 

But yeah, the more services like this that come out, the more challenges it'll be for Stadia and any other streaming game platform. 

Yeah, it seems a lot has been coming out about Google and their blunders with Stadia. Because it's clear they have no clue what they're doing anymore. I am honestly surprised Stadia has lasted this long. 

On 2/28/2021 at 12:59 AM, Kane99 said:

Amazon Luna is already feeling like a better service than Stadia lol. A friend of mine got early access into Luna and it's mostly going smooth for him. He has even streamed a bit while using Luna. But, I think streaming a service like that is probably not a good idea. 

But yeah, the more services like this that come out, the more challenges it'll be for Stadia and any other streaming game platform. 

And I think more services into the mix would also add more innovation and also free people from using console or anything. Crossplay would make things easier. 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:00 PM, skyfire said:

I'd say if we ignore suing part I'd say people are likely to pick up the amazon luno. Not sure how much they are progressing as of now but we have to wait for their offerings. 

There's plenty of better alternatives like the Xbox gamepass, Nvidia Geforce Now and others. I suspect Amazon will do better than the Stadia but it'll still lose out the big boys in the gaming industry.