Register Now
Keranov

Do you spend extra money on RGB?

RGB is cool and a lot of people like it. Are you one of those people? Do you spend extra money on RGB parts, peripherals and accessories?

For me it doesn't matter if I get RGB or no. I'm more on the price-performance side.

I would not spend a lot of extra money just for RGB, but that is probably because I really don’t care how stylised my computer set up is. The reason why I don’t care about making my computer look fashionable, as I see a computer as something you get projects done with, with gaming coming as a bonus.

I really don't care about the look of my Gaming PC. People splash out an extra of couple of hundred bucks just to impress their friends which means they are scared of social pressure. I pay more for the performance, not the visual appearance.  Look is important however It has to be fit for purpose. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 12/12/2018 at 6:47 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

I really don't care about the look of my Gaming PC. People splash out an extra of couple of hundred bucks just to impress their friends which means they are scared of social pressure. I pay more for the performance, not the visual appearance.  Look is important however It has to be fit for purpose. 

I agree. I hate buying things just for the sake of buying them - everything I get must serve a purpose to me.

13 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Ew, RGB.

I never understood why people were so hyped about it. It's cool for like 2 seconds and then you literally try to turn it off as soon as possible

The only applicable way where they might be useful is on keyboards when you are playing in the dark. Otherwise, I see no purpose for them either.

54 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The only applicable way where they might be useful is on keyboards when you are playing in the dark. Otherwise, I see no purpose for them either.

What's worse is that they love selling these things en masse. Almost everything I find now is literally RGB Lighting

1 hour ago, UleTheVee said:

What's worse is that they love selling these things en masse. Almost everything I find now is literally RGB Lighting

You speak the truth...like, the other day, I saw an RGB computer chair on sale on Amazon and it was almost completely sold out. What a bunch of sheeps  😑

Apart from using on keyboard, never thought about holding any of their products. They do make some decent stuff though. But keyboard one is what attracts most of the time. Then again each to their own taste. 

On 5/30/2019 at 6:46 AM, skyfire said:

Apart from using on keyboard, never thought about holding any of their products. They do make some decent stuff though. But keyboard one is what attracts most of the time. Then again each to their own taste. 

RGB is just a flashy feature that doesn't affect PC performance in any positive way so I don't see the real use of it at all.