Register Now
Keranov

The Windows 10 night mode?

Is anyone here ever have ever tried the Windows 10 night mode? How was the experience compared when it's turned off? Do you think it's better for late night gaming?

I have tried it once and I didn't like it. I prefer to see the original colors and I simply have the lights turned on.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:02 PM, o-o said:

Wow, I did not know you could do that. Where do you set the night mode?

You set up it very easy. Go to settings ---> System and there is the Night Mode option. Just turn it on and boom - ready.

Edited by Keranov

I honestly never knew Night Mode was a thing if I am honest so this is news to me. What exactly does night mode do, I am very curious, does it make the screen less bright for night time? I guess this sounds like an ideal thing for me to use but it seems that the colours do not look the same when you use it which I feel would be what would put me off. 

I may try it myself as one point to see how well it works out for me and whether or not I prefer that to just normal mode.

Thanks for this, you do learn something new every day! 😄

On 11/19/2018 at 10:03 PM, Shortie861 said:

I honestly never knew Night Mode was a thing if I am honest so this is news to me. What exactly does night mode do, I am very curious, does it make the screen less bright for night time? I guess this sounds like an ideal thing for me to use but it seems that the colours do not look the same when you use it which I feel would be what would put me off. 

The night mode reduces the blue light from the screen and changes the colors temperature to the yellowish part of the spectrum. I find the image with the night mode on very uncomfortable for me.

I enjoy this feature of Windows 10. Especially, the night light comes in good use past 8pm as it reduces blue emitting light which could strain your eyes and affect your sleep pattern. The warmer temperatures(yellow) are much more easier on the eyes just before it's bedtime as it helps me to get a good nights rest.

For those who don't know how to turn on Night Light. Here is how: Windows Key - Search Night Light - Click Night Light - System settings and adjust appropriately

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I just checked out that update on youtube. I have yet to upgrade my PC since the October update. I think this new night mode can be good for the same. I have also found out that some of the features of the night mode includes adjusting the brightness and making it easy to read the fonts. So it seems like a good option for those who want to ease their eyes on when there is too much light around. 

For those who are into low light tend to have flux issues with blue light on their eyes. So having the dark mode definitely helps out. I wonder if they make it easier to switch to the blue light correction automatically at night. This way the eyes won't get affected at night. I am sure in such case the night mode would be much more appreciated as well.