Register Now
skyfire

Your Favorite RPG?

I know there are typical titles in the RPG that people tend to play. And most of them are kind of okayish but I wish to find more other titles something that I have missed so far. So asking you which is one RPG which is not much popular and you played it and liked it?

Final Fantasy Record Keeper - I can't recommend it enough. It is easily one of the best android games I have ever played. It has a pretty good combat system, lots of characters from every Final Fantasy game ever released and it can become very addictive. On top of that, you don't need to spend any money to make significant progress in-game.

FF definitely has some really good gameplay. And many took inspiration from their tactics in the game. I have recently checked out two games Evertale and EL Chronicle. Those two are good to try out. 

23 hours ago, skyfire said:

FF definitely has some really good gameplay. And many took inspiration from their tactics in the game. I have recently checked out two games Evertale and EL Chronicle. Those two are good to try out. 

I'll give them a lookup a bit later because I am always looking for new RPGs to get into.

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

FF8 definitely. Though in terms of the story, I'd still vote for the recent FF that was released. Though it's not exactly RPG form for recent FF. 

Final Fantasy 8 is a good shout although some other Final Fantasy fans don't like this game for some reason. I personally love the game and Squall is my favorite main character from the entire series as he started out as a detached individual but he underwent significant character development.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Final Fantasy 8 is a good shout although some other Final Fantasy fans don't like this game for some reason. I personally love the game and Squall is my favorite main character from the entire series as he started out as a detached individual but he underwent significant character development.

It's weird as hell. FF8, from what I understand, is the most unpopular game in the entire Final Fantasy franchise. It has what people are usually calling a "cult following", but that doesn't stir the Kool-Aid for me. I just can't understand why people hate on it so much. Some have said it's nothing but a video game version of a soap. I can kinda see their point with that, but there's a lot more to the game than those people are giving it credit for. In my opinion, it's the absolute best game in the franchise, hands down.

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It's weird as hell. FF8, from what I understand, is the most unpopular game in the entire Final Fantasy franchise. It has what people are usually calling a "cult following", but that doesn't stir the Kool-Aid for me. I just can't understand why people hate on it so much. Some have said it's nothing but a video game version of a soap. I can kinda see their point with that, but there's a lot more to the game than those people are giving it credit for. In my opinion, it's the absolute best game in the franchise, hands down.

Final Fantasy 9 is the one that deserves all the hate with its cartoony graphics and lackluster storyline yet FF8 is the one that everyone shoots down. The story might have been a bit over-dramatic at times and I agree but that is one of the main reasons I love the story.

53 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I couldn't stand FF9. For the very reasons you gave. It was nothing but a shitty cartoon. And the storyline? 🤮

To make matters worse, it was one of the first games I ever saved money to buy and what a waste of money it was!

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Taste each to their own. I don't like SJW stories based on what I have seen so far. I am glad they have not added that in FF recent series or so. But yeah I guess people have their own perception on what to like. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

Taste each to their own. I don't like SJW stories based on what I have seen so far. I am glad they have not added that in FF recent series or so. But yeah I guess people have their own perception on what to like. 

True but what I was saying is that one of the games were substandard all round yet it didn't get half the hate the better one got.