Register Now
skyfire

Stadia affordable?

I don't know if I can afford the stadia experience. 

1. High speed internet requirement? Hard for me. 

2. Subscription : Reasonable but can't pay considering I have too many subscriptions running already. 

3. Game ownership? I hate that part about stadia. 

In short I may not be able to afford the stadia experience. What about you?

On 6/26/2019 at 1:46 PM, DylanC said:

It’s fairly cheap to pick up a Stadia unit, but the subsciption model puts me off, personally. The fact you don’t own your games is a huge turn off as well. 

I agree as well and not owning the game is a huge no in my book. Also to note that we haven't even seen any real world demos to actually prove it is a working and functional product or what flaws it possesses.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:55 PM, skyfire said:

I don't know if I can afford the stadia experience. 

1. High speed internet requirement? Hard for me. 

2. Subscription : Reasonable but can't pay considering I have too many subscriptions running already. 

3. Game ownership? I hate that part about stadia. 

In short I may not be able to afford the stadia experience. What about you?

you summed it up man. especially the subscription thing. too many already. 

21 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Nothing about the Stadia appeals to me personally. But I can see it having its audience.

For streamers maybe but for the huge majority of gamers, it isn't an appealing product at all and we haven't actually seen any real-world performance to know if it truly works as intended. Internet speeds are going to be the determining factor in how well this product works for each player and how much lag each player will experience. I can't see how Google is going to pull it off.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:57 AM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

you summed it up man. especially the subscription thing. too many already. 

Ineed for me I already have Netflix, Amazon, YouTube Red, WordPress and list goes on. So many ways I am losing money. I can't imagine stadia eating more. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Ineed for me I already have Netflix, Amazon, YouTube Red, WordPress and list goes on. So many ways I am losing money. I can't imagine stadia eating more. 

The thing is we haven't even heard the price of the Stadia console yet - We know the subscription starts from $10 but no mention of the console price.

10 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

nothing on YT Red except Cobra Kai lol. 

I'm not sure what is Youtube Red that I'd really like and the fact that Youtube are phasing it out tells you that hardly anyone is paying for that subscription package.

22 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Lot of good TV series are there too. But if you are into Scifi and Horror then and only then it's worth it. 

I'm genuinely interested to know what is on Youtube Red because I hardly here anyone mention the TV series/shows on there. Also, the fact that Youtube is phasing it out means it wasn't very lucrative for them or the creators.