Register Now
DylanC

Warner Bros. Is Reportedly Developing A Matrix Prequel

On 6/29/2019 at 3:16 AM, killamch89 said:

It is about time because I always wondered how the world of the Matrix even came about and what was the origin of agent smith.

Yep, I'm like you. I think that there could be some really interesting stories to be told about the origins of The Matrix. As long as it's handled correctly, a prequel movie to The Matrix could be a really great idea. But like I said above, having Keanu back would be key to making it authentically feel like a true The Matrix movie. 

On 6/30/2019 at 5:05 AM, DylanC said:

Yep, I'm like you. I think that there could be some really interesting stories to be told about the origins of The Matrix. As long as it's handled correctly, a prequel movie to The Matrix could be a really great idea. But like I said above, having Keanu back would be key to making it authentically feel like a true The Matrix movie. 

I feel like Keanu should appear somewhere towards the latter part of the movie because it was stated in one of the movies that the matrix existed before he did.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I feel like Keanu should appear somewhere towards the latter part of the movie because it was stated in one of the movies that the matrix existed before he did.

That sounds like a really cool idea! I'd be fine with Keanu being more of a cameo, if they got the right actors and had the right script. As long as he's in it somewhere (and kicks someone's ass) then I'd be happy with that. I also like your idea of an origin story about Agent Smith. He's definitely one of the most interesting characters in the films.

1 minute ago, DylanC said:

That sounds like a really cool idea! I'd be fine with Keanu being more of a cameo, if they got the right actors and had the right script. As long as he's in it somewhere (and kicks someone's ass) then I'd be happy with that. I also like your idea of an origin story about Agent Smith. He's definitely one of the most interesting characters in the films.

I was always curious as to why he can turn other characters into his clone because that is a very crazy ability.

Just now, killamch89 said:

I was always curious as to why he can turn other characters into his clone because that is a very crazy ability.

I guess it may have something to do with his "viral" nature, if that makes sense. I think that a new prequel could definitely explore one of the old matrixes (as referenced in the movies). I think making it resonate with modern audiences in a new way would be interesting. 

22 hours ago, DylanC said:

I guess it may have something to do with his "viral" nature, if that makes sense. I think that a new prequel could definitely explore one of the old matrixes (as referenced in the movies). I think making it resonate with modern audiences in a new way would be interesting. 

I understand what you mean and I wouldn't mind if it showed how those robot things came to be as well because they don't look like they were created by humans at all.