Register Now
Keranov

Overrated games?

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

Pretty much my point. But for the DOOM, sales is not indicator of their sequels. They make the sequels because they can. 

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read this week. Of course sales matter for sequels, it's about the only thing that matters. High sales virtually guarantee a sequel. Low sales guarantee there won't be one. Because no publisher wants to finance a sequel to a flop.

Take Alien Isolation, it was praised by critics and gamers alike, but it had lukewarm sales due to bad marketing and failing to distance it enough from colonial marines. So it never got a sequel no matter how hard fans wanted it. 

Pretty much everything made by From Software.

Thier approach to difficulty basically revolves around crippling the player and cryptic trial and error. It's not a test of skill, it's not a test of strategy, it's just a test of patience against an unending barrage of frustration. Thier stories are also rubbishand. The community around these games is even worse, just pure toxicity and arrogance.

On 9/21/2020 at 1:40 AM, m76 said:

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read this week. Of course sales matter for sequels, it's about the only thing that matters. High sales virtually guarantee a sequel. Low sales guarantee there won't be one. Because no publisher wants to finance a sequel to a flop.

Take Alien Isolation, it was praised by critics and gamers alike, but it had lukewarm sales due to bad marketing and failing to distance it enough from colonial marines. So it never got a sequel no matter how hard fans wanted it. 

Not ridiculous. By that logic world should see "left 4 dead 8 or 10". But here we are. 

I think Fall Guys is very overrated, or was, since the hype has died down massively as of late. The concept is very basic and it wasn't worth all the hype if I'm being honest. It's a good game but not in the great category.

6 minutes ago, ARx182 said:

I think Fall Guys is very overrated, or was, since the hype has died down massively as of late. The concept is very basic and it wasn't worth all the hype if I'm being honest. It's a good game but not in the great category.

Yeah, I agree on that. I haven't played it much as of late, and I haven't heard a whole lot about it in recent weeks. But, they recently added an update, so it's starting to get some traction again. 

I'm going to come right and say it - Assassin's Creed. Now here me out, from its inception to the most modern titles, the core mechanics haven't changed much(while not a bad thing, it gets pretty repetitive after a while). It's basically become a copy and paste of the previous versions with only minor improvements. The story also becomes more lackluster with every release.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm going to come right and say it - Assassin's Creed. Now here me out, from its inception to the most modern titles, the core mechanics haven't changed much(while not a bad thing, it gets pretty repetitive after a while). It's basically become a copy and paste of the previous versions with only minor improvements. The story also becomes more lackluster with every release.

Yes new stories do some level of exploration but I don't think it is anything new. It just keeps on repeating the stuff. 

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes new stories do some level of exploration but I don't think it is anything new. It just keeps on repeating the stuff. 

I'm not quite surprised because it's a Ubisoft game and they're know to milk a series without adding any notable improvements.

On 10/18/2020 at 6:42 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm not quite surprised because it's a Ubisoft game and they're know to milk a series without adding any notable improvements.

Yeah they seem to have got the knack on microtransactions and DLC charging by now. 

I used to love it as a teenager but nowadays I would say that the FIFA series is overrated. It really has been like this for a while where they make the odd change or two, slap on a new number and release near enough the same game. People will continue to buy it as it is such a popular game and they want to utilize the online mode, but I will not be conned into this overrated purchase.

On 10/14/2020 at 9:24 AM, ARx182 said:

It's a fun multiplayer game but I totally agree with you that it's a very basic game. I'll just add that I never really hyped the game up that much as I though it was very basic as well.