Register Now
JennyorAlice

PC or laptop for gaming?

On 8/23/2019 at 7:12 PM, skyfire said:

I think ideally PC is more suitable for the gaming considering you can add remove items more swiftly without having much upgrade issues compared to the laptop. 

I agree completely - trying to upgrade a laptop is a pain especially if the parts were fused to the motherboard/other laptop components, it will be impossible to upgrade it yourself unless you take it to a certified dealer.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:31 AM, skyfire said:

I was looking at the Lenovo's L series laptops and they seem to have limit on the RAM. They only allow the 16GB RAM limit whereas some of the other expensive models allow upto 32GB. I think this is one reason people go for desktop for this. 

It depends because on some laptops you can install bigger RAM and other components such as storage while some have the components fused to the motherboard so there's no way to upgrade them yourself.

Had my own hand built PC's in the past, but right now I'm on a brand-new ASUS TUF FX505DV laptop as it was, and still it, a possibility of me working off site, so a new PC build wasn't the best idea. I'm loving this thing so far though, it's all the power one realistically needs for 1080p gaming (4K on a laptop is pointless, the screen is too small) and it wasn't to expensive. I can play The Outer Worlds at max setting and the FPS never dips below 40, but it's usually hovering about 60. Here the specks if anyone is interested.

76958420_10157760481427863_7986162713891

Back to the point. It wasn't long ago gaming laptops were overpriced, underpowered rubbish, but I think that's starting to change.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:21 AM, killamch89 said:

It depends because on some laptops you can install bigger RAM and other components such as storage while some have the components fused to the motherboard so there's no way to upgrade them yourself.

I think Lenovo is coming out with some really good amount of the RAM for their high end gaming machines. 

23 hours ago, Zro said:

Never get a gaming laptop unless you will always be on the move and never really game from home. Desktops are much cheaper and much more powerful.

Not true. Gaming laptops are excellet developer machines and people use it for design, graphics and code too. I use gaming laptops 60% for the graphics work and the 40% for the gaming. 

I don't really like laptops for handling my gaming needs. A good PC will do just fine and looks much more aesthetically pleasing in my mancave. The computer I currently use for gaming and all other uses is a CyberTron CLX Horus B450 which is equipped an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor and Radeon RX 580 graphics card. It's a heck of a computer and operates at lightning speed. Before getting a CyberTron I sold my old AlienWare.

9 hours ago, Wolves said:

I don't really like laptops for handling my gaming needs. A good PC will do just fine and looks much more aesthetically pleasing in my mancave.

World is howeever moving slowly towards the gaming laptop instead of the PC. And in next 5 years the gaming laptop is going to be pretty much a norm. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

World is howeever moving slowly towards the gaming laptop instead of the PC. And in next 5 years the gaming laptop is going to be pretty much a norm. 

Even though it's not my forte`, I'd have to agree with you. Almost everything in tech gets smaller, faster and better in time. 

18 hours ago, Wolves said:

Even though it's not my forte`, I'd have to agree with you. Almost everything in tech gets smaller, faster and better in time. 

Desktop is necessary when you are stationary and not much moving your parts and want some powerful desktop machine for gaming or any other graphics work.