Register Now
JennyorAlice

PC or laptop for gaming?

A desktop setup will always defeat a laptop setup any day. You can probably buy many great gaming laptops that will do the job no problem, but you can always build a better gaming PC. Laptops are also tougher to upgrade, and get outdated a lot faster imo. On top of that, gaming laptops are going to be crazy hot to the touch, especially if you play a high end game. 

For me, I prefer desktop, but I wouldn't mind myself a gaming laptop either. 😄 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

A desktop setup will always defeat a laptop setup any day. You can probably buy many great gaming laptops that will do the job no problem, but you can always build a better gaming PC. Laptops are also tougher to upgrade, and get outdated a lot faster imo. On top of that, gaming laptops are going to be crazy hot to the touch, especially if you play a high end game. 

For me, I prefer desktop, but I wouldn't mind myself a gaming laptop either. 😄 

I prefer both because I'm an animator/video editor and sometimes I need to carry my work with me. I agree with you that the gaming desktop will always be king but for portability and convenience in certain situations, I'll need a gaming laptop.

Saying that where you live isn't safe to own anything in your own apartment? I mean you have a door and lock with a safe key or you are in the shared place with other people. Better get your own place in 2021 then lol or have a desktop but keep it at your family house or someone you can trust. 

21 hours ago, Empire said:

Saying that where you live isn't safe to own anything in your own apartment? I mean you have a door and lock with a safe key or you are in the shared place with other people. Better get your own place in 2021 then lol or have a desktop but keep it at your family house or someone you can trust. 

lol, the places we have to live for the work. that is only thing I can say. 

On 12/19/2020 at 1:11 PM, DudeThatsErin said:

It really depends on what kind of gaming you are looking to accomplish. The kind of gaming I do can be accomplished on a laptop but my husband needs a desktop as he is a "hardcore" gamer.

I'm also a hardcore gamer that likes everything at max settings. You never want to miss out on the full experience and besides I'm going into 3d modelling and animation so I'll definitely need a powerful desktop.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:08 AM, Empire said:

RIght, you be glad to get out of there in the future then lol 

I agree. You need to have your own place for privacy reasons.

On 1/1/2021 at 2:43 AM, skyfire said:

Indeed when you live in rented and shared places, then best option is laptop. In fact when in shared scenario it is better not to keep the laptop with you. 

Or hide it somewhere safe.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:20 AM, Patrik said:

I prefer Desktop but would go laptop only if i'm moving a lot, let's say renting an appartment here and there (living the unstable student life)

That's true for the most part or if you don't have space for a desktop.