Register Now
JennyorAlice

PC or laptop for gaming?

I always have been playing video games on a desktop PC. It's cheaper, more powerful and easier to upgrade in the future. I also don't like the small monitors that laptops have and the keyboard that they have. I also don't travel so I don't find the portable abilities of the laptop useful for me.

Laptop, why? I'm always on the go to either: resturants, work, college. It's highly portable, convenient and I can use my Acer Laptop almost anywhere. 

Specifications:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz 
  • Installed RAM (8.00GB and 7.85GB useable).
  • NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX
  • Intel Core i5 8th Gen
  • 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor and Windows 10 OS
  • 1000GB Storage (847GB) Free

Based on what I read, gaming laptops are catching up to desktops in all areas - though desktops are clearly better and probably will remain so.  Therefore, a laptop could be a good idea for some people - depending on how advanced you want things.

So, just for fun, can anyone name these advancements in laptops?

Edited by Jayson

13 hours ago, Jayson said:

So, just for fun, can anyone name these advancements in laptops?

The video cards are nearly with the same performance as the desktop ones. But the processors aren't that powerful as they should be for that price. And in almost all cases with these video cards, the battery is dying within a hour or two when gaming on battery.

I have a powerful desktop for gaming but my gaming laptop is mainly for animation and video editing as those are my sources of income. A desktop is your best bet for proper gaming but a laptop is a decent option if you can't afford to build a machine or travel a lot.